Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe ABS & Stabil-trak lights

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2023, 3:03 PM
CF Active Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe ABS & Stabil-trak lights

I'll pass this on as a trouble-shooting trick. The above lights have been coming on (daughters Tahoe,244k miles) for about 2 months intermittently with no change to driving characteristics( she said). Yesterday I pulled the left valve cover off to enlarge the oil drain hole beneath the PCV oil baffle chamber on the inside of the valve cover( the above lights did not come on this trip) . After doing this I took off for her place and right away I got a check engine light, ABS, and stabile-trak lights and hard shifting, and the valve cover was leaking on top of all that. I went back home and pulled the cover off and reseated the gasket ( I think I didn't tighten the cover enough, gasket looked fine). What I found this time was that small 2" long rubber hose between the PCV fitting on the valve cover and the plastic tube going to the intake was hardened and cracked open causing a large air leak. I had pulled this same line off about 2 months ago to see if it was clogged and I probably aggravated a small crack to a larger one along with pulling it off twice yesterday. I drove over to her place this morning (8 miles) and no troubles. Anyway, this piece of tubing is visible and fairly easy to see and remove. I used a piece os 3/8 hose but I think this is a Chevy part from it's looks.