Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Fuel Lines

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2008, 11:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tahoe Fuel Lines

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

Many GM vehicles currently will operate very well on E85 but it is estimated that fewer then 5% of the vehicles owners buy it.
Someone makes money everywhere... doesn't matter to me, I do what I can to improve my mpg and lower my expenses, that's why its worth it to me to try the magnets which I don't expect much out of.

However, I would say we probably feel the same about E85... I tell you, if I could I would use it every tank. The problem is there is only one local E85 station and its 25 miles away. Just not worth the 50mile round trip, so I swing by every time I'm driving by, whether I need gas or not. Plus, I'm looking forward to when seeing how well the fuel cells do... which has its own problems...

Anyways, I do have more fuel questions if you don't mind my picking your brain. In my quest to locate the fuel line (which I'm still a little iffy on but think I got it) I read something saying that many cars/trucks have two lines, one to the engine and a return line. I'm just curious whatis the reason for the return line?

Old April 9th, 2008, 12:46 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The fuel system on your 2007 Tahoe does not have the return fuel line.

The return systems use a simple valve that allows excess pressure to return to the fuel tank, this system is less expense then the pressure on-demand system that is used in the new Tahoe.

The return system allows hot fuel to return to the tank which increases emissions.
Old April 10th, 2008, 5:05 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

gdf7279: Just so you know, my post was facetious.

Now on the ethanol debate. Short story is it's a bad deal. Less energy than gas, not economical if you remove gov't subsidies, requires as much energy to produce as you get back, and using our corn to fuel our vehicles is driving most food prices sky high.

No shortage of oil, just a shortage of cahoonies to kick the tree huggers in the teeth and go drill for it.

My $.02
Old April 13th, 2008, 8:43 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It also occurs to me that we recently defeated a country (militarily) that is very oil rich.
Old April 18th, 2008, 7:21 PM
CF Beginner

Okay, so thanks everyone for helping me find the fuel lines. I got the things connected and I'm on my second fill-up since adding them. I don't know if you believe me, but they do seem to be making a difference. The first tank I got about 1mpg higher than normal, and my second tank got about 2mpgs higher than normal. Also, on my second tank I was doing more street driving than normal, I got about 17mpg and I would normally expect to get between 14 and 15mpg with the amount of street driving I did. Gonna monitor over the next few tanks still to see the difference... on and before someone asks... Yes, I calculated both tank by hand, and did not base it on the DIC (which the DIC is almost always wrong).
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Is there room for more magnets?
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:27 PM
CF Junior Member

I would keep my findings quiet....

You will only hurtGM's future Hybrid sales if people find out!

Old April 18th, 2008, 11:32 PM
CF Beginner

You can believe it or not believe it, but I don't think mocking is appropriate. When I first asked I was doubtful as much as others, so I thought I would share my results. Personally, at almost $4/gal saving 2mpg in any way is a big savings.
Old April 20th, 2008, 11:01 AM
CF Junior Member

gdf7279

I hope your magnets work for you and I think they will because you will adjust your driving habits accordingly.. Test on people, while under observation, (i.e time motion studies) show that performance is increased while you are being monitored... Essentially you are now closely monitoring your driving so this is what will cause your increase in mileage and probably not your magnets.As far asE-85 I agree with the earlier post...it is just not cost effective...the decrease in mileage more than offsets the slight price reduction. I think if you go to the E-85 website and use their consumption calculator it is generally estimated e-85 will add about $400 to your annual bill. Now the benefits, from reading on the net, are higher octane, probably longer lasting plugs since the engine will run cleaner etc. I think the Hybrid Tahoe will be the way to go...however at $52k it is a little more than what i would want to pay...but i think after a used-market develops some good deals will be available. My worry is the long term battery replacements and related components on a non-warranty, relatively new technology when this vehicle is purchased as a used car....and will the vehicle depreciate a lot since the battery replacement will probably be priced into the depreciation of the vehicle.....My 2 cents worth.... I went to look at the Hybrid Tahoe (did not drive one) but I was quite impressed with the product and feel if the vehicles were priced in the mid 40's they would get serious consideration from a frugal consumer like me.
Old April 20th, 2008, 9:06 PM
Administrator

Sounds like you've heard of the Western Electric Hawthorne study. http://oasis.lib.harvard.edu/oasis/deliver/~bak00047

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe Fuel Lines