Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe LT Stabilitrak, check engine, runs rough

Search this Thread

Old October 21st, 2015, 4:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe LT Stabilitrak, check engine, runs rough

Hi, I am a new poster and have some big issues with my 2007 Tahoe LT.

The past few days, @ 94K I experienced a tapping noise, stabilitrak off, check engine light, and rough running that has come and gone the past few days.

I first took it to the dealer and they said a P0300 code. They reset the codes, drove it, then said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Of course I picked it up, and on my way home, it did the same thing again.

I drove it back to the dealer this morning, and had them check it again. On looking at the code, the tech said it was a throttle body that needed to be replaced for $550. Of course the 2007 was not covered for that part under a special condition, only 2008 and newer were.

Anyway, I agreed to the repair, which he did. Then as he test drove it, he experienced the rough running, tapping noise again and now is saying I need a new engine for somewhere around $6-8K??? He said one of the liefters is bad. I haven't gotten the formal estimate yet but is this what others have experienced? I read various things on these threads.

Update: The dealer just called me and said a new engine will be $10,000? Seriously? They said to do the minimum repair to the existing engine is $6100. I love our truck but this is ridiculous!

Last edited by 2007TahoeMD; October 21st, 2015 at 7:24 PM. Reason: Updated estimate from dealer
Old October 21st, 2015, 4:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Tahoe backfiring,stalling,popping

I have a 1998 Chevy Tahoe, it was the police cruiser if that makes a difference. It has had a issue with stalling out while driving, backfiring when i step on the gas to go, just random popping noises. It idles fine when in park and i step on the gas. My gas gauge goes all the way to empty then back to full when it starts to stall out or backfire.

I have replaced the maf, wires, spark plugs, fuel pump, o2 sensors, cleaned the carb, distributor, cap and roter. Cleaned my grounding strap and that seemed to help with my gauges.

It is throwing the code that there is a missfire somewhere. I am at wits end with this thing. I have no idea if i jumped time, my cats are clogged, or whats going on. I seen on here from a older thread that someone replaced the 2 pig tails on there thermostat box(?) If anyone has any suggestions or advice that would be great thanks!