Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked???????? (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/2007-tahoe-ltz-dash-has-cracked-26133/)

berry3md@yahoo.com July 24th, 2013 6:36 PM

Totally out done with GM over Dash cracks and chrome peeling from door handles

2008 Suburban LTZ 4 wheel drive - $54,356.00 down the drain.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Dash is cracked above airbag on pass. side and three cracks on driver side of which two are running together and would create a dagger if had a front end collision.

Chrome on door handles peeling and have cut myself and everyone in my family. Just like razor blades.

No help from dealers, they wouldn't even write it up or make record of it.

My son is having the same problem with his 2008 Tahoe.

Both of us are about done with GM:mad::mad::mad:

Chevrolet Customer Service July 24th, 2013 7:28 PM

Hi berry3md

We'd be more than happy to look more into this for you to see what else can be done. If you are interested, please private message us your VIN, current mileage, contact information, and dealership and we will try to resolve this issue for you.

Thank you

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

jmhornz71 July 25th, 2013 7:23 AM

I am disappointed that Chevy/GM just hasn't repaired all of these vehicles. Its my feeling now that the govt should force them to fix all vehicles with this problem regardless of miles or year. It would show the customers that GM really does care about customer service. After reading all the problems here it shows they don't. Most of the vehicles here sold in the $50k-60k range. Not cheap and for the price better quality should have happened. On these top models GM could have afforded to put metal door handles on these vehicles and they would not have the door handle problem. The dash could have been a quality vinyl that would have outlasted the cheap plastic. My 96 Vettes vinyl covered dash still looks good, so GM can build quality if they want to. Come on GM suck it up and just send letters to all owners of these vehicles and fix them and show you care

berry3md@yahoo.com July 25th, 2013 12:08 PM

I very much agree with you on the GM should suck it up. How many people do they have to hurt or kill from these problems before they decide to do something. The tax payers bailed them out of trouble but they sure forget fast the golden rule.

jmhornz71 July 25th, 2013 1:28 PM

Where is customer service now. We know you are here. Respond to this. The dash cant cost GM more than a few dollars each but they want us to pay $200-$400 for the same defective part. You have lost more loyal customers with this fiasco. So is not spending a few hundred thousand to correct this problem a better idea than just redesigning the part and replacing it free of charge and keeping many loyal GM customers.
:mad:

in2pro July 25th, 2013 4:19 PM

berry3md & jmhornz71 Welcome to the forum...
Have you spoken to your local dealerships? also you might give Chevrolet Customer Service some time to look into it as there are those that have posted here that have had them replaced free of charge...

What those circumstances are that get them for free is anyone's guess...

jmhornz71 July 25th, 2013 4:39 PM

I just bought my Suburban on July 10th. I just figured age and use was the reason for the drivers door handle peeling. I missed the crack in the dash because the rest of the interior was perfect and wasn't really expecting to see that. I have known my service writer for 22 years so Im sure he will help me any way he can. I will talk to him. Also I found an aftermarket door handle for $16 I may try that too, and there are plastic dash covers that fit over the whole top half of the dash for just over $120

in2pro July 25th, 2013 5:13 PM

I would take it your dealer, let them look at it, as the peeling handles may be covered...the dash could be another story...do try to get a straight answer from your service writer about the dash and why some are covered and some are not...beware of the "Huh we have never seen that" as some claim they have never seen or heard about any cracked dash...:rolleyes:

Steve Clowers July 25th, 2013 5:17 PM

Cracked Dash 2007 Suburban

I have the same problem with a 2007 that I bought less than 2 weeks ago... the dash by the airbag cracked so I contacted the dealer and he told me to take it to the service department.. the service department said it wasn't a warranty issue and wouldn't do anything about it... I contacted GM customer service (case # 71-1205905878 ) and they told me that I was on my own since I bought the vehicle used and then tried to say it was already cracked... I told them that there was not a crack when I purchased the vehicle and if there had been I would have made them repair it before I bought it.... GM service then put me on hold for about 5 minutes and came back with the same answer... your on your own.... I would like any information on the Class action suit being filed because I will be in line to sign up... It makes NO difference whether the suburban was purchased new or used, the problem remains the same.... a bad dash in a very expensive vehicle and a We Don't Care Attitude from the manufacturer............just saw another post about the chrome door handles so I looked at mine and they are also separating and have small sharp edges...... at what point will these people see that they are having safety concerns and act ?????

in2pro July 25th, 2013 5:20 PM

Steve, welcome to the forum