Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe LTZ Problems

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2006, 2:43 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe Help please

Hello all.. Im in Texas, Just purchased a 2007 Tahoe LTZ ( LOVE IT! ) I am trying to find SILVER chevy replacement emblems for the front and rear gold ones that come stock. I know you could get them after market on the 06' but I can't seem to find a thing. I would appreciate any links or web sites... THANKS!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1798/F1D46F39F0E24FD99329EC6A9B918D29.jpg[/IMG]
Old May 18th, 2006, 7:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 2007 Tahoe Help please

So where's the guy that started this thread........hellooooooooooo.........what kind of problems ?
Old May 18th, 2006, 9:24 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Maybe he went to Edmund's Townhall forum. People actually reply over there plus the threads are categorized.
Old May 18th, 2006, 9:27 PM
CF Active Member

What sort of problems. The only problem that I have had with mine is the molding on the rear passenger and driver sides doors. Have had the passenger side replaced once and the driver side is scheduled for its second replacement. And a problem with the GPS which is planned to be looked at at same time the drivers side rear door molding is replaced.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:00 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: sjenkinzz

the molding on the rear passenger and driver sides doors. Have had the passenger side replaced once and the driver side is scheduled for its second replacement. And a problem with the GPS which is planned to be looked at at same time the drivers side rear door molding is replaced.

Is this the exterior vertical black trim molding that is on the outside that surrounds the glass opening towards the rear of the rear door?
I saw a couple trucks on the dealers lot that had this piece pulling away and loose looking

What was the exact issue you are having with the GPS?
Thanks
Old May 25th, 2006, 12:14 PM
CF Active Member

It is the vertical/horizontal moulding on back door windows. The part that seems to come loose is the vertical part about mid ways up the window. Had the Tahoe in this AM to have oil changed. Spoke with service writer and according to his parts guy, the new piece is not in and he thinks they are redesigning the molding due to a possible design flaw.

As far as the GPS, the area in between the Mark and POI is where it displays the street name you are currently on. Without a programed destination, I can be riding down the road in the AM and it will show what street I am on. Tehn all of a sudden, it goes away. If you have a destination programmed in it, it puts a small window on the right side and the street name on the bottom. The voice prompt will be working telling you when and where to turn. Then the area showing what street you are on, the window on the right goes away. The voice prompts stop. But the highlighted route remains on the screen. Just no idea exactly where to turn or voice prompt to tell you. Was told it could possibly be a bad gps cd or cd reader in the unit. While in today, they put a new cd in and it still has the problems as described above.
Old May 26th, 2006, 11:10 PM
CF Junior Member

Mine is pulling away too, but I pushed it back on and that seems to have done the trick for now.
Old July 11th, 2006, 3:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Had ours for a month. No issues except for slightly squealing brakes when applying light pressure to them. Nothing out of the ordinary and I'm sure it'll go away as the breaks "settle" to the pads the more we drive it. Only have barely over 1000 miles on it so far.

Great truck!
Old July 24th, 2006, 2:33 AM
CF Beginner

I purchased an 07 Tahoe and was one of the first ones in Phoenix to buy it. It's black interior/exterior and a way nice ride....BUT I would advise anyone thinking about purchasing one to wait for a year or two. I have had mine in the shop five times and have only had it three months. The first thing that went wrong was everytime I would come to a stoplight after going over 30 mph...the light would turn green and I would give it gas. It clunked like something slipped. I took it in and they tightened some bolt in the rear of the car. Appearantly there are two of them because it started doing it again so they had to tighten the other one. Then my automatic door lock went bad. Some switch that indicates that the door is open on the bezel went bad so they had to replace it because my "door open" dinger was always on. Then I took it in for a brake switch that was way to sensitive which autmaticlly turned my cruise control off...well I could never turn it on because it was being told by the swtich that I was applying the brakes...they didn't evenhave a part in so they took one off another Tahoe. I told them that the car was making a terrible grinding noise when I would start it up after sitting all day in the AZ heat. I didn't even have time to get out of the car and open the hood to see if I could hear where the noise was coming from because it goes away that fast and then it's gone. They couldn't find the problem because they didn't let it sit all day. I didn't know this either but you can't have the car in AUTO 4x4 because of the anti-slip whatever, was causing the car to hesitate like the timing was waaayyyy off. They explained that the rear wheels travel faster than the front wheels during acceleration so the car thinks that it is slipping and causes some unexplainable hesitation. My auto A/C unit is wacked out too. It's supposed to be like a house A/C when it reaches the desired temperature it shuts off...well mine will kick into turbo for three seconds then shut off...then turbo and shut off kind of like a windstorm. It's not constant. I confronted the GM of that dealership and he was very concerned. After speaking with the techs in the shop and looking at the problems...he told me that I had a great car and he wasn't sure what I was talking about. I JUST HAD IT IN YOUR SHOP FOR A TOTAL OF THREE WEEKS!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN A GREAT CAR! DON'T BUY ONE!!! STAY AWAY FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS. They told me they would not replace it. AZ lemon laws state that the same issue must occur four times or it has to be in the shop for a total of one month within the first two years....I know that I didn't have the same issue four times....but isn't mine still a lemon?
Old July 24th, 2006, 2:45 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2007 Tahoe LTZ Problems

I forgot to mention that I had to replace the stearing gear box on my 07 Taho because my stearing fluid was leaking out of a hose...

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe LTZ Problems