Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe modules under passenger seat

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2015, 1:04 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Tahoe modules under passenger seat

Ok so I was looking under the seat today, primarily because ever since a "full detail" in February, I've been getting an intermittent backup camera signal. I recall seeing somewhere that said the module for this was located under the passenger seat.

Now the reason for my post is that there are I think 3 modules of some sort under there and one large connector. One of the modules is a silver metal box, located near the front of the seat when the seat is in a "normal" position, and closer to the center console. It's wiring harness is plugged in from the front of the seat, not the back. I believe it had writing on it that said electronic control module....go figure lol, pretty obvious.

I'm wondering what this is, and if it has anything to do with the camera. Reason is there is a wire coming out of the connector that seems bare, like it was stripped back or something and someone half assed some electrical tape around it.

In fact I would say most of the harness's in that area looked disturbed in some form. I work with my fair share of wire harness's, in fact my company makes some for the vehicle as was evident by a tag wrapped around one. It isn't the standard I have seen, but then again this was built over 8 years ago, right?

Since the detail the camera comes and goes, more often in the severe cold, or severe rain/wetness. Originally let me to believe it was problem back in the liftgate area. Maybe it still is, maybe all of this in coincidence.

Anyone know what the modules are for under there?

FWIW, I have weathertechs in the front and second row, so I don't think its boot water getting in there, and the back/front passenger sides are rarely used..
Old April 15th, 2015, 7:09 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I need to check my manual but off the hip , I think the camera stuff is located behind the passenger kick panel....
Old April 15th, 2015, 7:19 PM
Administrator

Search of the manual for "Driver Seat"

Inflatable Restraint Seat Position Sensor (SPS) - Left
Right front corner of the driver seat track assembly

Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
Under the driver seat

Memory Seat Module (AN3)
Under the front of the driver seat above the seat track
Old April 15th, 2015, 7:29 PM
Administrator

Default Rearview Camera

Rearview Camera (UVC) (E52)
In the license lamp trim panel on the exterior of the liftgate between the license lamps

Rearview Camera (UVC) (Except E52)
In the endgate assembly below the endgate handle

Rearview Camera Image Display Module (UVC)
Mounted to the floor below the passenger seat
Old April 16th, 2015, 10:49 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I'll have to take a pic of it. Sounds like that may be it. IF I can confirm this, would there be any harm in disconnecting the harness and cleaning it up a bit? Not much different than if the battery is disconnected completely right?

Just trying to avoid a reprogram at the dealer.

It does really sound like it though. Mounted to the floor below the passenger seat is an accurate description. Maybe the previous owner had tapped into it for something or had an aftermarket HU in there and tapped into it.

I suppose I could have someone sit in the truck in reverse with foot on the brake while I wiggle the wires a bit...
Old March 19th, 2022, 10:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Tahoe LTZ

Hello I was wondering if you ever fixed the problem as I have the exact situation stripped wires with electrical both wires are black and camera no longer works

Originally Posted by {tpc}
Ok so I was looking under the seat today, primarily because ever since a "full detail" in February, I've been getting an intermittent backup camera signal. I recall seeing somewhere that said the module for this was located under the passenger seat.

Now the reason for my post is that there are I think 3 modules of some sort under there and one large connector. One of the modules is a silver metal box, located near the front of the seat when the seat is in a "normal" position, and closer to the center console. It's wiring harness is plugged in from the front of the seat, not the back. I believe it had writing on it that said electronic control module....go figure lol, pretty obvious.

I'm wondering what this is, and if it has anything to do with the camera. Reason is there is a wire coming out of the connector that seems bare, like it was stripped back or something and someone half assed some electrical tape around it.

In fact I would say most of the harness's in that area looked disturbed in some form. I work with my fair share of wire harness's, in fact my company makes some for the vehicle as was evident by a tag wrapped around one. It isn't the standard I have seen, but then again this was built over 8 years ago, right?

Since the detail the camera comes and goes, more often in the severe cold, or severe rain/wetness. Originally let me to believe it was problem back in the liftgate area. Maybe it still is, maybe all of this in coincidence.

Anyone know what the modules are for under there?

FWIW, I have weathertechs in the front and second row, so I don't think its boot water getting in there, and the back/front passenger sides are rarely used..
Old March 20th, 2022, 8:22 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 154 Posts

I had to replace the camera in my '11 Salt got to it. I have a shop manual for mine. Without the manuals wiring diagrams you can't check anything as there are differences between various option packages and harness routing.
There is no module for the camera under a seat in my '11 LTZ
And the camera is NLA from GM. I had to get an Ebay one, fortunately it worked OK and it's a pain to take apart the lift gate and remove housing over the license plate to access it.