Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe service Stabilitrack, engine power reduced, oil pressure bottoms out, +

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2018 | 9:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Tahoe service Stabilitrack, engine power reduced, oil pressure bottoms out, +

Hey everyone I’m Greg. New to the forum. My wife has a 2007 Tahoe LTZ. recently after a heavy rain storm it will flash a warming and sayvto service the Stabilitrack, reduce the engine power, cause the engine oil pressure gauge to freak out and bottom out. I have a basic code scanner and it revealed some random codes. Each time it does this the codes are different. Oil pressure switch code, throttle body code, circuit a open code, EBCM code, etc. my local dealer said that it need new ride height sensors. I ordered and installed them. Later that day all the codes and issues came back. After I spent $500 for parts and diagnosis it still is giving me a hard time. I’m not sure where to go from here. Any help or insight is appreciated. This is my wife’s vehicle and I can’t let her drive it or put my kids in it until I know it’s safe.
Old July 28th, 2018 | 11:44 PM
CF Monarch

Originally Posted by gshaughnessy2
Hey everyone I’m Greg. New to the forum. My wife has a 2007 Tahoe LTZ. recently after a heavy rain storm it will flash a warming and sayvto service the Stabilitrack, reduce the engine power, cause the engine oil pressure gauge to freak out and bottom out. I have a basic code scanner and it revealed some random codes. Each time it does this the codes are different. Oil pressure switch code, throttle body code, circuit a open code, EBCM code, etc. my local dealer said that it need new ride height sensors. I ordered and installed them. Later that day all the codes and issues came back. After I spent $500 for parts and diagnosis it still is giving me a hard time. I’m not sure where to go from here. Any help or insight is appreciated. This is my wife’s vehicle and I can’t let her drive it or put my kids in it until I know it’s safe.
What OBD II codes came up? List them so we can try to help you, your wife and kids. I have been studying the Stabilitrak system, so I know more about it, then I did yesterday.

A common issue that comes up in the throttle body sensor and/or the throttle body itself. It might also be one of the brake sensors too. Sure glad I dont have it on my 20 year old Chevy K-1500. Back in the day, if you got into a slide ,you'd 'give it some gas and turn INTO the slide and/or use the rear parking brake handle to control the rear brakes to straighten it out back on track.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; July 29th, 2018 at 12:05 AM.
Old July 29th, 2018 | 9:22 AM
CF Beginner

P0641 is suddenly the only code that comes up but there were several other codes and it’s still doing the same thing
Old July 29th, 2018 | 9:29 AM
CF Beginner

Also P1688
Old July 30th, 2018 | 3:44 AM
CF Beginner

Ok a new development. When you start it it turns over but doesn’t start. But when you release the key it continues to turn over until it starts. I also hear what sounds like a combination of arching and a starter click.
Old July 30th, 2018 | 9:27 AM
Administrator

With the GMT 900 models, you don't need to hold the key in the start position to start the engine. All you have to do is twist and release and the computer takes over and starts the engine.
Old September 5th, 2018 | 1:14 PM
CF Beginner

I had issues like that with my 07 suburban. The fix was replacing the accelerator position sensor which for our years and newer you will actually replace the entire gas pedal bc the sensor is built in, it's very easy to do on your own. I would also recommend going ahead and replacing the throttle body sensor too. When I had a loss of power I had no warning and I was going about 55 thank goodness I wasnt rear-ended. Best of luck if you haven't already gotten it fixed, hopefully this will help.
Old February 11th, 2020 | 3:18 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2007 chevy tahoe and back in august of 2019 the reduce engine stabilink light was coming on and was told to replace the throtle body and did so was runing good no plems and with in the last few weeks it has come back and been told that its the body control mod so have order this do you think this is going to fix the problem