Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2008 Tahoe po449 weird condition @ vent soleniod

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2018, 12:05 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Tahoe po449 weird condition @ vent soleniod

All of a sudden Tahoe would not take gas. Checked codes got po449 only. OK I'll pull the vent valve and canister. Canister was ok but when I grabbed the solenoid to remove the thing it was VERY warm even thought it had sat all night. I disconnected wiring and removed vent solenoid and blew thru it, it was clear, plugged in the wire connector, can not blow thru it as solenoid has closed. Bench tested and it operated properly. I had been wondering why my battery was low after siting a couple of days It seems something is commanding the solenoid to stay closed. Disconnected wiring from vent solenoid and went to service station for gas. Presto no problem. Can a Purge valve or Pressure sensor cause this or what. IF I need a new ECU I am going to keep the solenoid disconnected and live with engine light. I don't have enough PREPERATION H to go to a Chevy dealer .i.e. got a quote to replace my fuel pump $1,000. Any help greatly appreciated.