Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2010 tahoe inside of headlight looks hazy when lights are on

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2011, 9:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2010 tahoe inside of headlight looks hazy when lights are on

its not on the outside i already polished the crap out of them they are crystal clear but when the headlights are on the insides look dirty and hazy i cant figure it out i dont want to crack them open to clean them. anyone else know if theirs do this too? i dont know if they always been like that or if im just noticing it. also a few times after humid damp rainy weather theres a bit of condensation on inside lower portion of each headlight. thanks
Old October 15th, 2011, 9:22 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Condensation and fog on the inside of the headlamp? Does it clear up after you've driven with lights on? Unless there's water sloshing inside, it's considered normal. These things are vented through a hole with a permeable fabric. If it really bothers you, consider a visit to the selling dealership.
Old October 16th, 2011, 9:10 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

I would suspect a chemical haze much like you get on the inside of your windshield...seems like I heard this mentioned else where ( haze on inside of lens) I agree if you are under warranty let the dealer look at it at least get it documented with them should it get worse later on...
Old October 16th, 2011, 9:13 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Have you replaced any of the bulbs or opened the headlamp assembly in any way? any debris or oils on a new bulb can burn off and haze up the inside of the lens....keep that in mind if you have and you take it back to the dealer as they may use it as an out....
Old October 16th, 2011, 10:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i have been running aftermarket HIDs that i have swapped in and out several times because of bulbs or ballasts burning out. i reached in with a long skinny screwdriver with a microfiber on the end and used it to wipe the inside of the lense and on the parts i was able to reach looks clean now. but theres defenetly a film of something on the inside. the reason i wont bring it to the dealer is because i broke the back to brackets that mount on the bottom part of the headlight trying to remove the headlights a long time ago. i didnt realize there were other fastners and snapped them both. so they will automatically take that as a non dealer fault type thing. right now im looking at these on ebay tell me what you thing if they are worth it. dont want any crazy leds or projectors. these were the closest i could find to OEM eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Old October 18th, 2011, 9:16 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Moisture inside will eventually attack the silver reflective coating. Since you've put HIDs in, the warranty is probably shot.

BTW these assemblies aren't projectors so HIDs don't really work very well except to annoy oncoming drivers. If you're going to replace them, look for some projectors.