Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2010 Yukon/Tahoe front struts and shocks

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2016, 8:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Yukon/Tahoe front struts and shocks

I have a 2010 Yukon SLE, short wheel base w/115k on it. Tire shop said I needed new front struts. So I put on some aftermarket Monroe Spectrum quick struts. Big mistake! Front of truck sits 3/4" higher then the rear and it rides like crap! Very harsh and stiff! My front wheel well sits at 37 1/2" and the rears at 36 1/2" with 275/55/20's

So I guess I need to put in another set of struts and shocks. What do you all recommend?

Last edited by jimmyz; April 24th, 2016 at 9:20 AM.
Old April 24th, 2016, 11:57 AM
CF Veteran

did you get an alignment? You always need an alignment after strut replacement, that being said I'm not a fan of the quick struts and have ran into issues with them a few times.
Old April 24th, 2016, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

yes its been aligned
Old April 26th, 2016, 6:56 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I always go with OEM parts, I know they are mostly costly at the dealer, but you know it will almost always fit properly (unless defective out of the box), and the quality of the parts are far superior to aftermarket crap from china, lol. If you were wanting to save money on the OEM parts, find the OEM part number and go on amazon or ebay or even an online GM parts site, thats my usual procedure and I will almost always at least save money on buying the part. Good luck!
Old April 26th, 2016, 11:00 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Typerod
I always go with OEM parts, I know they are mostly costly at the dealer, but you know it will almost always fit properly (unless defective out of the box), and the quality of the parts are far superior to aftermarket crap from china, lol. If you were wanting to save money on the OEM parts, find the OEM part number and go on amazon or ebay or even an online GM parts site, thats my usual procedure and I will almost always at least save money on buying the part. Good luck!

I second OEM