Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2011 OnStar My Link

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2011, 7:24 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lemon Law

Lemon law only applies to vital functions; ie engine, tranny, brakes... not something like a heated seat

Yes; so far GM has paid me $940 for the sat nav they couldn't get working
(Nav Disc 6.0c fixed this issue, TWO YEARS later).

then $300 for the bluetooth not working 100% w/my iphone. (incoming caller ID on the display was hit / miss most of the time, after about 6 trips it now works 100% incoming and 0% outgoing)... they are still willing to look at it, but I just don't have the time.

Now it's been 2x for the heated seat, first time, had to order parts, 2nd time had to order parts, so it goes back either today or Friday... Time number 3.

I'm going to make them promise if they can't fix it this time I get a 2011 Tahoe LTZ loaner. This is bull ****.

I'm also filing w/the BBB today as I want a 7year 70,000 bumper to bumper. I'm not putting a penny into this hunk of junk. (I paid for the 5 year 60k B2B, so it's not a huge ask).

If GM built a quality machine, they will not have to spend a penny to cover my warrenty. If however (as I suspect) it is not.. they will.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread... just have a lot to say...

not to mention the 3x it had to go in for 'window' regulators, then the 2x for a power door lock regulator...

I'm keeping my list, checking it twice, gonna hand it to the BBB and Att. General... Piece of junk GM... should die...

i really wish the gov't would have let them fail, that's capitalism at it's best. My company is dying right now, where's my $100 billion gov't loan?! that's communism. Ford didn't take a PENNY. Toyota didn't get a penny. BMW didn't... if you can't hack it on your own... JUST DIE.

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; January 27th, 2011 at 7:28 AM.
Old January 27th, 2011, 8:09 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ford didnt directly take Gov $ like GM and Chrysler did but they did have help and luck to avoid the public handouts the other 2 took
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/10/r...-pay-off-debt/
GM makes 10000s of Tahoes each year, you seem to have gotten a bad one but I would venture to say that you are in the minority with the amount of issues.
Old January 27th, 2011, 8:52 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

SabrToothSqrl, I will be researching the posibility of having this application become retro active. In the meantime if you would like you can contact On Star by calling 1.888.4.ONSTAR (1.888.466.7827).

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old January 27th, 2011, 8:53 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Its probably no consolation but most of the issues SabrToothSqrl has pointed out are superfluous, the over all quality of the vehicle, engine, body, has gotten very good reviews...these vehicles are very likely to see 250,000 to 300,000 miles with very few issues if properly maintained...
Old January 27th, 2011, 1:51 PM
CF Addict

Default yea

superfluous to the tune of $20,000
(ball park LS to LTZ)

If GM could / would fix my issues, I would love the truck. Don't get me wrong. I WANT to love this truck, I REALLY, REALLY DO. It tows my boat AMAZINGLY well, it moves through snow like a TANK, it rides like a couch, and it's dead sexy... (the expedition is just too 'truck' for me to be happy with driving every day).

Just fix what I listed and I would be very satisfied w/the truck

Allow me to also make known that the dealer / service guys are always very nice and helpful, they take the truck and drop me off and pick me up from work, no problem at all. Very nice, clean, great shop!
But it would have been so much nicer to just have the vehicle... work... day one until day 2,555. (and longer I hope)

There are many, many things I like about it, but being an OCD perfectionist... it has to be 100% perfect, or it's WRONG.

Also, the inability to use my heated seat now for 2+ weeks while we get hit with 3 snow 'storms'... is not adding to the whole GM quality feel...

As for calling OnStar, would letting them know I'd like this in my '09 have any effect? Are they taking a poll?

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; January 27th, 2011 at 1:58 PM.
Old January 27th, 2011, 2:25 PM
Administrator

Oh no doubt I don't disagree with the Technology aspect, you are paying good money for it to work, and if your mobile phone, home computer, or other home electronics were near as quirky/limited or "buggy" as some of GM's they wouldn't sell on the open market, if GM was an electronics store they would be out of business quick..
Tech changes quickly but it seems that auto manufactures are years behind the curve for integration, that or maybe they are too busy scheming to get away with as little as possible but just enough to charge a premium for it.

Ford seems to be the exception with the Sync system as I have only heard great things about it...

why did it take GM 5yrs to get to the "My link" for the GMT900's....?
Old January 27th, 2011, 2:56 PM
CF Addict

Default Ford

Check out Ford Work Solutions
and the
My Ford Touch.

now that's some tech!

If the edge could tow 6k, i'd sell my Tahoe today.
Old January 27th, 2011, 2:58 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

Part of the problem IMO w/ incorporating tech into the auto/truck environment is cuz that environment is a hell-hole. The RF from the ignition and spikes on the 12V line to name two.
Old January 28th, 2011, 7:58 AM
CF Addict

Default yea

I LOVE the tool link part.

http://www.fordworksolutions.com/IndashVideo

that is so sick.

The My Ford Touch makes me want the new explorer... but again... only tows 5k ... throw it in the 4 door raptor and I will be waiting at the door!

I called OnStar for S&G, they can't do anything with my 09... not even remotely a whiff of 'well, they are looking into it' just a flat out "no"...

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; January 28th, 2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old April 25th, 2011, 6:53 PM
Administrator

Default On Star

Well my subscription with OnStar was up so I called them up and cancelled my subscription, they asked why
1. I have never had to use it for myself only others ( witnessed accident, someone else locked there keys in car)

2. My Link, told them I would be happy to keep them if my link worked with my 07... they said sorry its version 9.1 and up that it works with...I said sorry not my problem upgrade me for free if you want my money... we parted ways...

Now, anyone want to wager that my check engine light starts coming on ( never has before) now that they have program it to start falling apart now that I have stopped the ransom payments...

Quick Reply: 2011 OnStar My Link