Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2012 tahoe driver mirror

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2023, 3:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 tahoe driver mirror

So, my driver's mirror was knocked off in NYC traffic the other day. It had NO turn signal and NO heat.
Is it possible to replace it (and wire it up) with a new driver's mirror that has a turn signal and heated ??
Does anyone out there know the steps needed?

Thanks,
Ted
Old August 15th, 2023, 11:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trund
Is it possible to replace it (and wire it up) with a new driver's mirror that has a turn signal and heated ??
Does anyone out there know the steps needed?

Thanks,
Ted
Most mirror suppliers insist that you have to go original mirror features to the same replacement mirror features but my 2003 only had powered mirrors. I replaced them with heated and the feature works perfect. If I had added the turn-signal feature to the new mirrors, I think that would have been a fail but I didn’t want to take a chance.

As far as removal and installation, go to YouTube. I don’t want to post the links but readily found quality videos to learn from.
Old August 15th, 2023, 11:28 PM
CF Junior Member

Default 2012 tahoe driver mirror

rjdjbd,
thanks for the speedy reply.
I will check out the videos you reference.
Ted
Old August 16th, 2023, 10:57 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 135 Posts

Mrs. Cusser is very experienced in knocking off such mirrors. When she last did this on our 2005 Yukon, I replaced that with in in-stock/O'Reilly mirror that had "most" of the factory stuff, but wasn't heated, and I can't remember if that had the turn signals in it or not as we sold that 2 years ago. It seems that there is one harness, and I might suggest you get a replacement mirror that is readily returnable if you plug it in and it doesn't work for your vehicle, even if you need to go through Amazon for easy returns.

R&R of the mirror is somewhat straightforward, but the cable - due to GM engineering - required the door panel to come off on the 2005 (hope GM got smarter by your 2012). The neighbor lady R&R'd the mirror on her Toyota in 10 minutes with no experience because its harness connected at the mirror.
Old August 16th, 2023, 11:06 AM
CF Junior Member

Default 2012 Tahoe driver mirror

Mr. CUSSER,

Yes, your points well-taken. A purchase at Amazon is the way to go for this fix!
Thanks,

Ted