Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2013 "Burb Security Light Always On!!!

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2017, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 "Burb Security Light Always On!!!

Hey everyone -

I'm new to this forum and I just picked up a 2013 Chevy Suburnan. The PO only had 1 key for it (that worked fine, no security lights) that isn't the original. I took the truck to an auto locksmith that has great Yelp reviews (first mistake) to get an additional key made and to have a couple of keyless entry remotes programmed (not too hard to do). Everything works great (both keys and the 2 remotes) but now I have the pesky security light that is always on and the locksmith didn't know how to get it to turn off. He tried the programming tool and that didn't work, disconnected the battery for 10+ minutes and that didn't work, tried the Passlock 30 minute learn process and nothing has turned this light off. I'm not throwing any codes and wanted to see if I can get this figured out without taking the truck to the stealership. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.