Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2013 Suburban LTZ Instrument panel problem

Search this Thread

Old November 30th, 2015, 7:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Suburban LTZ Instrument panel problem

I have a 2013 Suburban LTZ and this evening I noticed the gear shifter display stayed in park even after I moved it into drive. As I drove it I noticed the speedometer doesn't function as well as the transmission temp info. The manual gear shift buttons and towing button are also not illuminated and appear not to work. My battery did tank this weekend as the weather changed to frigid temps and I will be replacing it tomorrow as it won't hold a charge. I'm not sure these are related since the other displays and electrical features all seem to work fine.

I'm over the mileage limit on my bumper-to-bumper warranty and the extended coverage has a several hundred dollar deductible. I want to see if I can diagnose the issue myself before taking it to the dealership.

Does anyone have advice on what I should check first? What are the potential problems to cause this?
Old November 30th, 2015, 7:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nothing until the battery is in, no use in digging in if the heart of the electrical system is junk