Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2013 Suburban Storage Options

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2013, 5:10 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Suburban Storage Options

Just picked up a 2013 Suburban and didn't realize the lack of storage space on these things. The glove is just barely big enough to hold the manual. Other than the driver and passenger door bins and one little compartment in the rear, it seriously lacks storage space.

I'm looking for some aftermarket solutions. I searched a couple of parts sites, but didn't come up with anything. Looking for something that resembles a factory finish quality. Does anyone have any suggestions or pics of what they did with their burbs?

Thanks for the help.
OTM
Old January 20th, 2013, 8:43 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome to the forum...

Depending on what you want to stow, I picked up a footlocker from Academy that I keep in the back of my Tahoe for storage of air compressor, small tool kit, flares, bottled water and MRE's along with rope and various tie downs and a change of clothes..

I keep jumper cables in the jack storage area along with spare gloves and a towel...
My 5 D cell flashlight fits between the drivers seat and center console... I keep 2 large umbrellas under the second row seats along with a square box of tissues that fits perfectly...
there is room you just have to look for it
Old January 21st, 2013, 12:19 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

The center console is cavernous but you need to get the factory lift-out tray to make it usable. You can also get a factory console for between the second row buckets. Handy for remote and headphones. I also carry an NRA duffel for cables, flares, trailer stuff, etc. Some have put a battery box in the empty battery slot in the left front corner.