Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   2013 Tahoe LTZ oil leak (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/2013-tahoe-ltz-oil-leak-67469/)

SabrToothSqrl June 3rd, 2015 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by andybnc4605 (Post 303068)
Apparently my post above Scotiapilot is not as important since I wasn't asked to provide anything. Mine is a $64,000 LEMON. So frustrated... Can't get anyone from GM to do anything about it.

Relax, you aren't missing anything. the outsourced social media task force is more about quelling the masses than resolving issues...

Depending on your state you may have missed the lemon route. I believe many state first 12,000 miles or year of ownership.

Pennsylvania Lemon Laws - Lemon Law Attorneys at DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple

in2pro June 3rd, 2015 3:34 PM

Apparently my post above Scotiapilot is not as important since I wasn't asked to provide anything. Mine is a $64,000 LEMON. So frustrated... Can't get anyone from GM to do anything about it.

andybnc4605 Welcome to the forum
I can't answer for Chevrolet Customer Service as to why they may have missed your post question, but I can direct you to how to contact them.
Click on Chevrolet Customer Service's name in one of the above post and select send private message with your contact information and vehicle VIN :)

Chevrolet Customer Service June 4th, 2015 11:40 AM

Hello andybnc4605,

I certainly understand your frustration and truly apologize as we did not see your post about Scotiapilot. As previously mentioned, we'd be more than happy to look into your situation further and work toward a possible resolution. Feel free to send your VIN, mileage, preferred dealership, and full contact information in a private message.

We look forward to your message.

Jasmine F
Chevrolet Customer Care

whitesox156 January 25th, 2016 10:13 PM

Still leaking.

I am having the same issue. In May I bought a 2015 Z71 and a 2013 Tahoe hybrid. My Tahoe has about 20,000 miles on it and has been back to the dealer 2 times because of the oil leak. The first time they looked at it tightened the oil filter but it didn't stop. The second time I paid for an oil change which stopped it for a while but now it's started again. I have given up going back to the dealer because it does stop. It is so frustrating when you drop that kind of money to end up with issues like this.

Chevrolet Customer Service January 26th, 2016 1:28 PM

Originally Posted by whitesox156 (Post 315495)
I am having the same issue. In May I bought a 2015 Z71 and a 2013 Tahoe hybrid. My Tahoe has about 20,000 miles on it and has been back to the dealer 2 times because of the oil leak. The first time they looked at it tightened the oil filter but it didn't stop. The second time I paid for an oil change which stopped it for a while but now it's started again. I have given up going back to the dealer because it does stop. It is so frustrating when you drop that kind of money to end up with issues like this.

Hi there,

We can definitely understand how frustrating this may seem especially when unexpected concerns occur. If you should need any assistance bringing this to another dealership's attention for a possible second opinion, I would be happy to help!

Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

filkida February 13th, 2016 3:22 PM

Caprice

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service (Post 283282)
Hi SoftailRdr! We certainly understand how this has been a frustrating process and we're sorry if you feel the dealership caused additional issues with your Tahoe. Private message us your VIN, mileage, contact info and dealership name(s) so we can further investigate this matter on your behalf. We hope to hear from you soon.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Amber, I drive both a 2013 and a 2014 Caprice Police package with the 6L V-8. Every time the oil is changed there is an oil leak. After losing about fourth a quart and tightening the filter a few times, the leak stops (although they don't always see a leak). This happens at our state garage, a local oil change place (Purolator filters), and at the dealer with Delco filters. It's been suggested there's some time of vent that's overflowing with the higher pressure.....this is on numerous patrol cars with our agency. Please advise if you have a fix or can shed some light on the situation.

MarshMarlowe December 25th, 2018 2:31 PM

I know this is an old thread I'm attempting to resurrect, but I'm having the same issue with an oil leak common to the top of the oil filter. I've checked the oil cooler lines and the oil cooler plate gasket above the oil filter and they're dry. It almost looks like the oil filter gasket contact area is crooked? See attached photo

Was there ever any resolution with this issue?

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/chevrol...a18fbec065.jpg

MarshMarlowe January 2nd, 2019 7:38 AM

I wanted to post an update with my issue. The dealership was installing a PF63e filter instead of the correct PF48. After they installed the PF48 filter, no more leaks