Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2013 Tahoe Reduced Engine power

Search this Thread

Old July 12th, 2018, 10:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Tahoe Reduced Engine power

My 2013 Tahoe, has an issue where, it'll reduce power down to 20-30mph from normal driving speeds. The TMS light and Stabili-Trak light comes on as well, as the engine reducing power "alert". The code that pops is a low five volt code, according to the dealership. After they changed the battery, this code keeps happening from time to time. They're still working the issue, but so far they have no answers. Has anyone experienced this, if so what was the fix? Thanks!
Old September 5th, 2018, 1:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wondering if they were ever able to figure out your problem? Didnt know if they changed out the accelerator pedal position sensor.
Old September 5th, 2018, 10:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i ran into this problem once while i worked at a Chevrolet dealer and it had something to do with the throttle body connector or the throttle body itself. it was getting low voltage but was intermittent at best and only happened under certain conditions.
but with all this new tech they have on vehicles its hard to say without being able to put hands on the vehicle