Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2013 Tahoe Squeaking brakes!

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2015, 11:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Tahoe Squeaking brakes!

Ok so I took my 2013 Tahoe in for an oil change and they told me the brakes were getting bad and wanted 1,100 to do them all. Well I did it all my self as I know how to. Prior to me changing them they started squeaking. I changed them cleaned it all up took it for a test drive and it still squeaks. Any ideas why? Thank you!

Last edited by Jkhudson32; October 8th, 2015 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Title
Old October 9th, 2015, 11:56 AM
CF Active Member

When you did the brakes, did you lube the caliper slide pins and clean up the pad mounts slides? Also, did you apply brake anti squeal to the back of the brake pads? Were the brake rotors machined or did you install new rotors? You should also check the boots around the caliper pistons and make sure that they are retracting properly and there is no sign of damage to the boots.

One additional item that you may want to take a look, if you didn't perform the service is to flush the brake fluid from the system. This isn't going to help your squeal issue, but it would be a good idea to take a look at the condition of the fluid when you service the brakes. Unfortunately, it does not take long before the fluid needs to be changed.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
Old October 9th, 2015, 7:23 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

It's also important to properly bed in new pads using a procedure that I don't have in front of me but is basically making a series of stops from about 30 mph and becoming more aggressive w/ each stop. Probably available online somewhere.
Old October 13th, 2015, 9:59 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default break in

yes, depending on the pads, each can have it's own procedure.
Old October 14th, 2015, 10:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default Fixed!

I fixed it and thank you to everyone for the help. It was only the driver side front and it took me about 20 min to fix.
Old October 15th, 2015, 8:14 AM
CF Active Member

In the end, what did you find was wrong and how did you fix the problem? I am glad that you were able to get it repaired.