Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 LTZ Suburban Disappointments/Concerns

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2016, 4:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 LTZ Suburban Disappointments/Concerns

Hello everyone!

I have some disappointments & concerns with my 2015 Suburban and wanted to share this and see if anyone else has a similar story.

I'm a mother of 3 children and have waited a really long time to own this amazing vehicle that could accommodate my family. Truly is my dream car!

I purchased my 2WD LTZ Suburban in June of 2015. Was told it was a "Dealer Demo", never registered to anyone and only had 4k miles on it. They told me it was the top of the line and had every bell and whistle. I trusted that it really did have everything that they said it had so I didn't question them. I knew that it DID NOT have a sunroof, and I was OK with that.We purchase the car and head home in our new LTZ that's shiny silver!

1st disappointment - Excited to try out the new features of our amazing car, I tried to plug in my home address and test out the navigation. OnStar proceeds to tell me that I don't have that feature. The following day I call the dealership to ask whats going on with my navigation... Come to find out my vehicle DOES NOT have navigation. Not only does it not have navigation but apparently it is not capable of having a factory navigation system installed because the vehicle was built in early 2014. (BTW- We were specifically told that it did have a navigation system and it stated that in the car write up.) The dealership that I purchased the car from did try to make this right and they offered to have an aftermarket navigation installed, which I absolutely needed so I agreed to the install.

2nd disappointment - we tried to put a movie on for the kids in the DVD system and we were not able to listen to the movie through the car speakers. I guess you can only listen to the movie via the wireless headphones because it turns out the DVD System was an aftermarket install. It's not even a blu ray, it's regular DVD. I don't even own regular DVD's anymore.

3rd disappointment - On a road trip my teenager discovers that the cigarette power adapted outlet in the 3rd row does not work. This is not a good sign when your teenager needs power to their electronic devices on a 8 hour road trip Took the car into the dealership and apparently the adapter was never plugged in when the car was built AND the chair was pinching the wire. Dealership fixed it and we were all set!

4th disappointment - Steering wheel started making loud noises when I would turn. Almost like a low horn or rubbing noise. It would also have a jerk/knock/click when I would turn. It was not a smooth turn. Took the car into the dealership and they replaces some spring in the steering wheel. The clicking/knocking/jerking is gone but the noise is still there. Still frustrated that this $70k vehicle makes noise when I turn.

6th disappointment - my LTZ top of the line model didn't even come with a cargo net. Every time i lift the back lift gate to unload groceries from my car, everything falls right out. I've ruined a lot of groceries like this! I finally had enough and bit the bullet and purchased a cargo net for $50. When I went to install the net, THERE WERE NOT HOOKS TO HOOK THE NET ONTO! What the heck!!!! I'm livid at this point. How does an LTZ model $70k suburban not even have cargo hook management system?!!! Back to the dealership I went and they installed the hooks free of charge!

5th disappointment - I tried to click on the Pandora app on my touchscreen to listen to music. It tells me that there is no internet connection. I start to do my research and realize that I think i need to subscribe to Onstar for this feature. While I'm reseaching OnStars website, I realize that my 2015 Suburban should have wifi, 4G LTE hotspot, etc. I get really excited because that's a great feature that I did not know about. Only to be completely let down because the fine print at the bottom says that it's only available in vehicles delivered after October 2014. Mind you, my vehicle was built way before that date so my car doesn't offer this feature. Now I'm really upset because I feel like I've been gypped!

I started to do a little more research and see what else does my 2015 LTZ Suburban NOT have that should come standard. I learned that there's a hands free power liftgate feature that comes standard in a 2015 LTZ. But guess what, mine DOES NOT have that feature!!!

So I'm paying full price for a top of the line LTZ Suburban that didn't initially even come with the features that are supposed to be standard in the vehicle. I definitely don't feel like it's a true LTZ model. I'm really disappointed that I feel like i'm paying for stuff that I DON'T have. My husband tried to go back to the dealership today and talk with them about how unhappy I am that none of this was disclosed to me and they wont work with us to try and get me into a 2016 that DOES have all the bells and whistles.

Has anyone else had any experiences like this? I'm not sure what to do about this. I almost feel like we were scammed!
Old March 7th, 2016, 8:46 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Do you have anything in writing for all of these supposed features or was it all just based on what the salesman told you? Did they give you the window sticker from the vehicle? It used to be illegal to remove the sticker before the first registered owner took possession.