Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 pwr fold flat seats failure?

Search this Thread

Old March 2nd, 2015, 8:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 pwr fold flat seats failure?

The powered fold flat rear seats on the 2015 suburban. Can the seats be manually raised and lowered or are you at the complete mercy of the electronics. Two dealers unable to answers this for me.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 9:14 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default well

did yours break or are you just asking?

I'd hope there would be a manual override, but I don't know.

what does the manual say?
Old March 3rd, 2015, 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

139 reads and no answer yet. To answer your questions, No, mine did not break and YES I am just asking. I do not know what the manual says as I do not own a 2015 and thought this simple question could be answered without a manual. I am wrong. Hopefully somebody can answer the question.
Old March 5th, 2015, 6:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default Wow

Almost 200 reads and still no answer is a bit surprising. Just sayin.
Old March 5th, 2015, 6:59 AM
CF Addict

Default well...

well, what have you done to find an answer besides post a question?

Did you read the manual?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=2015+chevrolet+tahoe+owners+manual

I'm just sayin'.
Old March 7th, 2015, 10:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default Still searching

Have not read the manual as it would jeapordize the opportunity for owners of 2015 burbans to take note of the potential short coming. I can tell you that four different dealerships have been unable to come up with an answer of whether the 2015 rear seats have a manual overide.
Old March 8th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Probably need access to a 2015 service manual, as that should identify any manual release mechanisms that may be needed for servicing....
Old March 9th, 2015, 7:40 AM
CF Addict

Originally Posted by Sleeping Psycho
Have not read the manual as it would jeapordize the opportunity for owners of 2015 burbans to take note of the potential short coming. I can tell you that four different dealerships have been unable to come up with an answer of whether the 2015 rear seats have a manual overide.

Well, sadly their job is to sell cars and crap for cars, not necessarily know much about them... Which isn't an excuse, but most stealerships I've found, are idiots... When I bought my 04 Wrangler Rubicon, I asked where the air compressor to the locking differentials was... he pointed to the A/C condenser... I about smacked him.

I can tell you that the power release for the rear hatch on the 07-2014 Tahoe, when / if it fails, requires drilling a HOLE in the rear of the vehicle (inside) to unlock the hatch.

Now that's GM thinking at it's finest.

Even my Tesla, a purely battery powered car, has the capability of doing things without power. For example, the rear doors, if you have ZERO power, which I've never experienced, but, according to the manual, you pop off a rear trim panel with your hands and there is a manual release right under the trim panel. No drill, no drill bits, no mutilated car. Just planning and designing ahead.
Old March 9th, 2015, 9:49 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
I can tell you that the power release for the rear hatch on the 07-2014 Tahoe, when / if it fails, requires drilling a HOLE in the rear of the vehicle (inside) to unlock the hatch.
This is a true statement, and a very plausible scenario for the seat release as well...
Old March 9th, 2015, 5:41 PM
CF Beginner

Default Serious flaw?

I did read an owners manual and nothing about there being a manual seat release in case the electric fold up/down seats fail. I currently have a suburban LT on a two week rental and it has manual seat release only; no problem. Took another look at an LTZ which has the electric fold down/up seats and cannot locate a manual override in case the vehicle loses power or the electric seat does not operate. Unless there is a manual override for the electric seats, I am thinking you would have to order an LTZ WITHOUT the ELECTRIC Seats if you wanted the other goodies, or an LT with manual only seats and then order a lot of upgrades from there.

Quick Reply: 2015 pwr fold flat seats failure?