Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Suburban Little Things

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2015, 11:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Suburban Little Things

It's the little things that ***** one off!
New 2015 Suburban LTZ

GM now has WiFi! It's 2015 who doesn't have a cell phone with a much better plan?

Premium two tone Sand/Dune interior......With the exception of a few cheap black plastic cup holders and trim pieces. On a $70000 car?

Wireless cell phone charging pad built into center console.... Only works with very select phones.

Hands free calling. .... If the contact is programed into your vehicle as it cannot connect to your blue tooth phone other than to play music.
How about hands free texting and a voice controls that do not require lengthy waiting for the beep sessions? (my 2009 truck functions better).
Flat Fold Seats. ...Not Really, just a PITA box placed behind the rear seat.
Mylink radio...who can figure this thing out? In this day we are used to devices that are intuitive to operate (iPhone...Open the box. use it) But this radio is not user friendly and the voice controls slow and difficult to use.
Chevy spent the budget on curb appeal and advertising and missed the mark on so many little things that make me wish I stuck with a 2014until the kids finish hockey.
Old January 4th, 2015, 1:47 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Oh wait no one told you, GM is going to do away with the Mylink....eventually, apparently they heard about this new technology called Android and IOS...
it will likely roll out on the 2025 models..... It promises to be a day late and dollar short...

GM's connected car strategy shifts gears, will use Apple's CarPlay & Android Auto | VentureBeat | Gadgets | by Tom Cheredar

Old January 5th, 2015, 8:40 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GM

... Dynamite... did you really not see any of my 10,000 posts about how my $55,000 LTZ was a disappointment?

You and I should talk

Here's a company that does tech right:

Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles

I just found what I was looking for too.. black on black 85k battery, at the price I wanted... (used)

I emailed the seller today...

I have to keep the Tahoe in the family for Towing, but the Tesla will be my daily driver.
Old January 5th, 2015, 11:35 AM
CF Beginner

You said it sabrtoothsqrl. "keeping the tahoe"
If I needed a small coupe, do you think I would drive a Suburban?
I know there is a lot of people buying suburban that don't need to, but I have four teenage kids and always extra friends.
Show me a power wheels that can fit eight adults and three hockey bags and I'll buy one.
Old January 5th, 2015, 11:47 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default seats

7 + cargo.. getting close!

Tesla Unveils Model X | Blog | Tesla Motors

Yea, I like bigger stuff too. the S isn't a small vehicle by any means, but I'd prefer the X... but being impatient..

I'm looking at a S for now, then a X in the future.

Toyota makes some good tech in their cars, I think the big one? Sequoia would hold 8 + gear.

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; January 5th, 2015 at 11:51 AM.
Old January 5th, 2015, 1:33 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynamite
You said it sabrtoothsqrl. "keeping the tahoe"
If I needed a small coupe, do you think I would drive a Suburban?
I know there is a lot of people buying suburban that don't need to, but I have four teenage kids and always extra friends.
Show me a power wheels that can fit eight adults and three hockey bags and I'll buy one.
The Expedition EL is virtually identical in size to a Suburban. Similar dimensions, payload, passenger capacity, towing capability, etc.
Old January 5th, 2015, 4:24 PM
CF Senior Member

I agree there are a few disappointments. The narrowing of the rear tailgate area is annoying. I can not get my dogs box back in there. No blue? Can't believe that. Over a dozen colors for pick ups but not a shade of blue for tahoes or suburbans. Disappointing.

Last edited by blueinterceptor; January 5th, 2015 at 4:35 PM.
Old January 5th, 2015, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by intheburbs
The Expedition EL is virtually identical in size to a Suburban. Similar dimensions, payload, passenger capacity, towing capability, etc.
I mentioned the Ford and my wife shut me up pretty quick. She would rather keep the 08 burb.
It is the only other option. The Tahoe and Sequoia will seat eight OR carry a hockey bag. But not both.
Old January 17th, 2015, 6:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default Back to dealer

took my truck and list of issues to my dealer.
Result:
We could not find the problem or GM does not have a fix, sorry.
Trouble is mine is the first one they have sold so they have none to compare too. A new one is on its way with the seats that I ORDERED and I am hoping the dealership owner can prove to me that mine is normal.
Old January 17th, 2015, 7:44 PM
CF Senior Member

What's wrong with the seats?

Quick Reply: 2015 Suburban Little Things