Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Suburban texting & icons ?

Search this Thread

Old April 30th, 2015, 5:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Suburban texting & icons ?

My 2015 Suburban was built 9/14 and has the mic icon to control Siri to text, but, I notice on the current models the radio screen has updated icons and features. I notice that the current models have a texting icon and the onstar icon looks different, and it shows the stats of the tires/ etc on the radio screen. My radio does not have any of these things. Is there anyway to get an update to get these new icons/features or do you think the only way would be to install a new radio? I cant find any other info regarding this anywhere online. Im sure other owners are wondering the same thing?
Old May 1st, 2015, 7:24 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default updates?

I'd suggest calling the dealer and asking... all the cool kids are doing it.

The new Ford Sync 3 video - CNET

Introducing SYNC 3 | Ford.com

Software updates | Tesla Motors

I don't know how much Domino's paid to be on this Ford demo, but I don't see anyone over the age of 10 looking for Domino's...

You bought a 2015, not a 2015i... so... maybe not?

2015i Chevy Tahoe, Suburban Get New Features & Equipment | GM Authority

"The 2015i (for interim model year) models feature several notable updates over their 2015 counterparts, including two new packages and several new available features, including OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot with the 3GB/3-month trial, wireless charging, Siri Eyes Free, Text Message Alerts and a hands-free power liftgate, among others. Notably, GM’s 8-speed automatic transmission is still not on offer with the 2015i SUVs."
Old May 1st, 2015, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2015, not a 2015i. I do have Siri Eyes Free, but, I don't really care about not having the WIFI, wireless charging or hands free liftgate. I just was wondering about the updated features/Icons on the radio screen. My dealer has no clue, when we asked if there was anyway to get the new WIFI installed, they told us they sell an add on package for WIFI that was 400.00 or something. That part is an add on for ANY vehicle, its only 3G ,and its not through ONSTAR or is it 4G. They have no clue. We don't want WIFI anyway. I just wanted the updated radio features and want to know if there is anyway to get them. I can text through SIRI EYES FREE but, now the radio screen has a text icon where you can choose text from the screen to send. There are also OBD INFO and HDMI icons . I see on youtube some videos on the upgrade for 1000.00?

Last edited by jsksjs; May 1st, 2015 at 12:35 PM.