Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015+ Tahoe door trim falling off

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2016, 9:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2015+ Tahoe door trim falling off

Has anyone had issues (and repaired themselves) the black panel door trim near the windows?

2015 Tahoe Door Trim

Is this something that can be repaired with some automotive tape or does it require dealer? I'm out of bumper to bumper warranty

Any special tricks to popping them off?
Old November 4th, 2016, 8:43 AM
CF Junior Member

If you haven't done so already, how about calling a body shop and ask what they would use to fix your issue. But from your photo, there appears to be two holes that would suggest that small screws are use to hold that trim piece on. But then again, those holes could be where protruding trim mounting points insert into. (Just thinking as I am typing along)

When you have a fix, please come back and post up what the solution was so others who may experience a similar issue will know how to have the fix completed.
Old November 4th, 2016, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Mad Dawg
If you haven't done so already, how about calling a body shop and ask what they would use to fix your issue. But from your photo, there appears to be two holes that would suggest that small screws are use to hold that trim piece on. But then again, those holes could be where protruding trim mounting points insert into. (Just thinking as I am typing along)

When you have a fix, please come back and post up what the solution was so others who may experience a similar issue will know how to have the fix completed.
So I have not found out how to remove the panels fully, but after some searching online this is an issue with the early tahoes/yukons of this generation. This is a known issue apparently and the newer panels with the epoxy are lasting supposedly. People have said they went into the dealer to get new panels and are now attached with an epoxy instead of whatever they used previously. The dealer quoted me $56-86 per panel with $50 of labor.

So far the automotive tape is holding up. I just used about 1 square inch on the metal clip area where the top broke free. If I ever figure out how to remove them w/o breaking them I'll post back.

The correct term for these are "Applique"

Applique, LEFT for 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe|84021603 : GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts