Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2016 MyLink Iphod Help

Search this Thread

Old December 26th, 2015, 12:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 MyLink Iphod Help

hi i just bought a 2016 Suburban LT and im having a problem With getting my ipod to work or work properly. the problem is with the mylink system . some of the problems include not recognizing the ipod or only showing a couple of folders , or sometimes playing a couple of songs then just freezing or disconnecting from the system.
i have tried a 60gig ipod classic . never had a problem playing it on my 2011 gmc yukon
Old December 29th, 2015, 7:11 PM
CF Senior Member

Is the software in the device up to date? Is it plugged in or are using wifi?

Plug it in and go to apple play

I just tried it out and works great.
Old December 29th, 2015, 9:27 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by blueinterceptor
Is the software in the device up to date? Is it plugged in or are using wifi?

Plug it in and go to apple play

I just tried it out and works great.
I don't know if it's updated it's plugged in by a usb in the center counsel
It was working fine yesterday with no problems today after the 1st song it froze
It's a new car it's not supposed to have problems like this
Old December 29th, 2015, 9:47 PM
CF Senior Member

I find that if I chose a recently played song as opposed to a playlist, I get only one song.
Tinker a little with it. I'm sure it's more us than the car
Old December 29th, 2015, 10:44 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by blueinterceptor
I find that if I chose a recently played song as opposed to a playlist, I get only one song.
Tinker a little with it. I'm sure it's more us than the car
Believe me I have tried everything in these past weeks . My older gmc had a very good system the newer car not so much
Old February 3rd, 2016, 3:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Please know that the technology/software in portable devices evolves exponentially faster than the electronic technology in vehicles. The software was likely developed for what was currently available a couple of years ago. Don't feel bad, you should read some of the Porsche and Mercedes forums regarding the same connectivity issues with mobile devices, and those owners are spending sometimes twice as much for their vehicles that we are for our GM products.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 3:32 PM
CF Beginner

well the funny thing is that it worked fine in my 2011 GMC Yukon , i would expect a newer model would have no problems . they're Both made by GM
Old February 4th, 2016, 9:28 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by AnnnaMot
hi i just bought a 2016 Suburban LT and im having a problem With getting my ipod to work or work properly. the problem is with the mylink system . some of the problems include not recognizing the ipod or only showing a couple of folders , or sometimes playing a couple of songs then just freezing or disconnecting from the system.
i have tried a 60gig ipod classic . never had a problem playing it on my 2011 gmc yukon
I can imagine your frustration as you don't expect to run into concerns when purchasing a newer model vehicle. Please feel free to give our Infotainment Team a try at 855-478-7767 as they may be able to shed some light on this situation. If you're still in need of assistance after speaking with them, please send us a private message and we'll do what we can to help.

Keep us posted!

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care