Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2021 Burb Headlight Adjustment Not Working

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2023, 2:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

the headlamp quote for the op. As a reference Hid lamp assembly for a srt grand cherokee is $800 just for parts...gotta remove the front fascia to install. Close to $3000 for a bmw with auto level and active headlamps. They aren't cheap, I'd find another alternative also.

Good that you know the service history.
battery service ? $50 to what...clean the battery terminals?
3 pack fuel is an injector/valve service? Induction service is important on direct injection vehicles but less so wet manifolds.
alignment? Were the tires worn irregularly? were new tires installed?
Old February 22nd, 2023, 3:23 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Cusser
the dealer supplied a repair estimate (below), based on age and odometer reading; note that the differentials, transmission, oil/filter had all been changed in November 2022, as had been the entire radiator and coolant.
4X4 Fluid Service $360
Battery service $50
Brake flush $145
Coolant flush $160
Engine Air Filter $60
Transmission Flush $265
3 Pack Fuel $340
Alignment - 4 wheel $130
Oil change $90
Originally Posted by tech2
Good that you know the service history.
battery service ? $50 to what...clean the battery terminals?
3 pack fuel is an injector/valve service? Induction service is important on direct injection vehicles but less so wet manifolds.
alignment? Were the tires worn irregularly? were new tires installed?
I assume that "battery service" is to clean the battery terminals, maybe to put the colored felt washers under the connections. Anyway, the battery and battery terminals were clean and shiny; didn't even have to touch them when I connected the factory 12 volt positive cable to front of the fuse box to supply 12 volt positive to the trailer wire. Just wallet flushing.

The tires were extremely good condition, tons of wear left, and no abnormal tire wear. Just wallet flushing.

"3 Pack Fuel $340" is simply wallet flushing, there are no symptoms any such fuel additive or cleaning would help. Just wallet flushing.

4X4 Fluid Service, Transmission service, and oil change were done just prior to the purchase, on the CarFax. More wallet flushing.

Engine air filter looked brand new to me. Just wallet flushing.

Coolant flush and new radiator were installed just prior to the purchase because I noticed a slight radiator leak and needed that done before buying.

Brake flush: here in Arizona desert, the brake fluid hardly picks up any moisture. I have a 1998 Frontier which is still on its factory brake fluid and all brake hydraulics, at 270K miles. I also have a 2004 Frontier which is still on its factory brake fluid and clutch fluid, and all brake hydraulics and clutch hydraulics are still factory. Some would say to do those as precaution; my path is whenever I have a hydraulic issue would be to flush the entire system with new fluid. By the way, I also have a 1988 Mazda truck which has had many brake and clutch hydraulic issues, so longevity of such hydraulic systems depends on the vehicle !
Old February 22nd, 2023, 6:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

induction service on a di vehicle...you don't want to wait till you have a symptom. big city shops...i've seen plenty of overselling.
Old April 11th, 2023, 9:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper to bumper warranty

Originally Posted by Burb4HaulinDogs
Sorry for taking so long to respond, but I just got this resolved yesterday. The local dealership quoted me $1647 to replace the light which is outrageous. I asked the service department if Chevy would offer a good faith repair since the vehicle is only two years old and there's no way that the light isn't a manufacturer issue, and the service advisor I worked with reached out to corporate for what they called "assistance". I don't know what assistance means but I only paid $329 to have the light replaced.

I would talk to your local dealership and plead your case and see if you can get them to provide a good faith repair or whatever this assistance is.
doesn’t the bumper to bumper warranty cover this issue ?
Old Yesterday, 7:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same issue on my 2021 Tahoe RST. I can barely see the road at night!
Old Yesterday, 9:10 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by tims2021tahoerst
Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same issue on my 2021 Tahoe RST. I can barely see the road at night!
Could there have been an accident before you got it? Or if you bought new, should've taken it back to dealer.