Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2023 Tahoe OnStar?

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2023, 8:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2023 Tahoe OnStar?

Hi there! I purchased a 2023 Tahoe in January and received the free 30 day trial of Onstar. Ever since my Onstar free trial expired, I am unable to use Google voice commands. I have Android Auto connected, and I can use navigation, use music streaming services, and it shows my phone connected on the infotainment screen. However if I say "hey Google" or push the voice command button to use voice control with Google, I get a message saying I need to subscribe to a service plan for this feature. When text messages come in on my phone, my infotainment screen will display I have a new message, but when I select it to play the message for me, it again says I need to subscribe to a service plan for this feature. Why would this be happening, since this should all function as part of Android Auto? I can only guess there is a setting somewhere connected to OnStar that needs to be changed so that it uses my phone connection. Anyone have this happen and do you know how to fix? Thanks!
Old April 1st, 2023, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Moving your post to the Tahoe section where you will get more views. This is the Welcome New Members section.