Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

218,000 miles and it may be time to say farewell

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2018, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 218,000 miles and it may be time to say farewell

My 2005 burban is the 3rd I have owned, and after almost 220000 miles it seems that the end of this baby may be in sight as more issues are creeping up, the rear bumper is almost rusted off, the check engine light is on most of the time (although self corrects itself), the speedometer is sometimes working and sometimes not and there is some awful low level noise now that probably means an expensive fix. Having carted countless hockey players and their smelly bags, dancers and their umteem costumes, 3 kids in and out of college dorms with mattresses, plastic tubs of clothing and even a pet rat, and many family road trips, it is going to be incredibly hard to say goodbye. My family thinks I am nuts, and perhaps I am, but I cannot bring myself to contemplate an existence without my once very trusty ride. Yes, a BMW has a smoother faster ride, but it would never carry 7 of us on an adventure, backpacks and all. Yes, many others have far better mpg, but you would need 2 vehicles to do the work of this one. I love having the protection of this huge suv around me as I travel the crazy NJ highways daily. I love driving in NYC and feeling invincible and I am going to miss this amazing vehicle. So, my question for anyone out there is.......any recommendations for my next car?
Old February 19th, 2018, 1:02 PM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

From the sound of things, you really love that truck. You also don't mention anything real serious that is wrong with it. So for a 1000 or 2 you can have it back in good running condition instead of a new vehicle and around a 40,000 + truck.
Old February 19th, 2018, 4:10 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by oldchevy
From the sound of things, you really love that truck. You also don't mention anything real serious that is wrong with it. So for a 1000 or 2 you can have it back in good running condition instead of a new vehicle and around a 40,000 + truck.
Well said!

Periodically, you have to spend money on cars, it's just how it is. Stick with it, you won't be sorry.

Tom