Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

3 inch Body lift????

Search this Thread

Old February 16th, 2007, 2:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 inch Body lift????

Have any of you guys had a body lift done on your tahoe? if so has it kept that good ride quality afterwards? What brand did you go with? Thinking of throwing a 3 inch lift on the 97 tahoe.
Old February 16th, 2007, 2:13 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 3 inch Body lift????

Go with a suspension lift instead of a body lift. With a body lift, you will need to adjust all your linkage for the transmission. You may have to lengthen your brake lines also.
Old February 16th, 2007, 3:06 PM
CF Beginner

But i was told there would be no need to adjust any brake lines or linkage for the tranny if I went with the 3 inch body lift. What would I have to modify if i went with the 3 inch suspension lift?
Old February 16th, 2007, 9:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

shnormo has a valid point, at least as far as my old vehicle witha body lift (not a 97 Tahoe). Not sure if it applies to your Tahoe, but body lifts are normally the cheap way to go and not necessarily the best. I would definately look into a suspension lift.
Old February 18th, 2007, 12:44 AM
CF Active Member

I went with the leveling kit. No change needed and no problems with any of the computers gadgets/sensors. I found out that Superlift now makes a 6 in lift for the new 07's P/U and SUV. They retain the autoride and air ride suspension if you have it. Thinking about it, but I need to see one first so I can tell how high it will be and if it looks fine. Bulletproof suspension have made a 8 in lift and are currently working on a 12. Check out there site they have some pics. Superlift doesn't have any yet that I know of. Anyone else?
Old February 18th, 2007, 12:56 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DarkOne

I went with the leveling kit. No change needed and no problems with any of the computers gadgets/sensors. I found out that Superlift now makes a 6 in lift for the new 07's P/U and SUV. They retain the autoride and air ride suspension if you have it. Thinking about it, but I need to see one first so I can tell how high it will be and if it looks fine. Bulletproof suspension have made a 8 in lift and are currently working on a 12. Check out there site they have some pics. Superlift doesn't have any yet that I know of. Anyone else?
Any pics of your lift Darkone?