Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

3rd Brake Light

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2006, 1:10 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd Brake Light

Does anyone know if the third brake light cover snaps off easily on the 07 Tahoe? The reason is I have condensation in there since the day I got it. Took it back to the Chevy dealer and they said that is normal and that they won't replace it unless there is standing water in it (handed me some bulletin about 2006 vehicles with the same answer). I told them the light works, I don't want to replace it, just want to wipe off the condensation. They didn't know if the piece comes off. Part guy wasn't available.

I have tried everything to get the condensation to go away. Parked it in the hot sun (live in FL), tried to shop vac around the light, but nothing. It doesn't have a leak, already checked that. I just want to know if that red cover comes off. I tried prying it off and it started making that cracking sound. Brain said to stop before I really F it up.
Old July 5th, 2007, 4:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3rd Brake Light

I too would like to know how to snap that sucker off. I'm planning on tinting it, but I don't want to break it...