Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

4 months - no sat nav fix

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2009 | 2:48 PM
CF Addict

Default 4 months - no sat nav fix

4 months of owning a 2009 LTZ where my Sat Nav only ever responds with ‘Navigation Help’ to my command of ‘Navigation go to My House’… 100x in a row… any day of the week under any situation. To which I usually reply ‘Navigation, go to Hell’… but I’m already there…I called GM. I gave them 2 weeks before I start really putting some pressure on the dealer / GM. What else can I do to get this issue fixed? Either they need to fix it (4 months now!) or compensate me and say ‘we were wrong, our sat nav is crap’….The dealer has been great, the customer service people on the phone are great… terrific, now just build a car worth a damn. Or worth the $53,000 I paid for it… It's been to the shop more times in 1 month than my 14 year old one ever had!

Not to mention iphone OS 3.0+ breaks the iphone bluetooth caller ID from working 100%...

but that's another issue.

/end rant

and yes, I read the manual... I do IT for a living... these toys are why I bought this truck... I know how to use them... IF they work.

The rest of the truck, the suspension, frame, axles, etc are very, very solid and the ride is amazing, went to dinner w/friends last night in a Honda Pilot... omg no wonder it gets such high MPG, its build like a paper clip! on the same road where my tahoe is flat, smooth, boring... it's dash was jumping up/down like 2"!

speaking of the tahoe dash... could they have used any thinner plastic? does such seran (suran?) wrap exist?! (on the tahoe)

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; August 13th, 2009 at 5:30 PM.
Old August 13th, 2009 | 5:46 PM
Administrator

How about using a lemon law if your state has one?
Old August 14th, 2009 | 7:26 AM
CF Addict

Default lemon

Considering it, in PA it has to be something that seriously affects the drivability or safety of the vehicle. Who knows? This tahoe may develop some issues if required.

I'm not asking for anything free, I'm not asking for the Tahoe to have the ability to get 200MPG and fly me to work.

I'm just asking that a feature, shown in the owner's manual, and that appears to work on everyone else's Tahoe, work on MINE...

I either want a 2010 head unit, $1,200 back or a whole new truck. The choice is up to GM. They have 2 weeks. Then I get pissed. Between having to drop it off 5+ times, not having it fixed, it never working since I bought it with 6 miles on it (brand damn new). It's just not been a fun trip. I need this fixed now or other arrangements to be made...

I will let you know if anyone's intrested how this plays out!

The problem is easily duplicated by any tester.

Store a voice tag for a destination.

Try to use it.

IF it works, turn the truck off, open the door, wait 1 min.

Start truck, try it again. IT WILL NOT WORK. I have this documented on video. I will make a DVD for the court / arbitration thing. All I want is it to work... is that so hard?!
Old August 16th, 2009 | 8:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Sabrtooth,

I will try the name tag action. I will have t oread how to program a tag etc....
Just got back from a long roadtrip(Vacation) 3000 miles in a week. Avg about 16.3 mpg. Loaded up with family of four+dogs and cargo carrier loaded up.
Old August 17th, 2009 | 2:46 PM
CF Addict

Default try

lol, try it? yea, I think some of the problem is 95% of people don't even know it can do these things, let alone SHOULD... the MyGig (Chrysler)... you can input addresses while moving if you use your voice for the destination... GM is light years behind...