Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

4l60e trans problem after installing transgo shift kit

Search this Thread

Old November 6th, 2014, 2:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e trans problem after installing transgo shift kit

Hi everyone I am new here. I can really use some help. I have a 1998 Suburban 4 wheel drive I just put a Transgo sk 4l60e shift kit in. Not the HD kit. My transmission shifted ok before the kit I was just installing it to get a little bit better shifting and trying to get some more miles out of it. The installation went good. However, now when it is cold at it doesn't want to move forward when the shifter is in "d" or even "3" if I manually shift from "1" and up shift through the gears it is fine and then when it is in "d" after that first initial manual up shift the transmission works perfect and I don't have to do anything manually. When I installed the kit I installed all parts per Transgos instructions. I also installed a new pinless sonnax forward accumulator. I drilled the holes in the seperator plate per Transgo instructions and used the drill bit provided. The transmissiion did not have this problem before the kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Joey.
Old March 5th, 2022, 3:05 PM
CF Beginner

Default Help

Did you ever get a answer to this? I'm in the same boat
Old December 26th, 2022, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default Fixed

Just in case someone else is having this issue in the future, I missed an O-Ring on the forward accumulator so it couldn't build up pressure to shift. If you are having issue go and make sure you put the o rings on, stupid mistake but easy fix.