Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

5 tall adults in a Suburban?

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2016, 5:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 tall adults in a Suburban?

Hi,

We are 5 tall adults (everyone is more or less 6´4") going on a trip from Miami/Nashville/New Orleans/Key West/Miami. The trip last for 3 weeks.
We are all birdwatchers and will spend many hours in the car each day (5-9 hours).
Will the car have enough space for us to feel comfortable and relaxed for a trip like this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by afsaft; August 30th, 2016 at 5:45 PM.
Old August 31st, 2016, 10:37 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Still going to be a little cramped, but less so than most other vehicles short of a fullsized conversion van.

If the Suburban has the middle row captain's chairs, the 3rd row passenger can sit in the middle of the bench and stretch their legs between the two captain's chairs.

I'm 6' 2", and there's not a lot of room behind me for the second row passenger when I'm driving. My 5' 2" wife usually sits behind me on long trips. And the front passenger gets surprisingly little legroom. But again, I can't think of a vehicle that would give you more room than a Suburban. Fullsized 12- or 15-passenger van is the only thing I'm aware of that would be better.
Old September 1st, 2016, 2:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks,

I was afraid of that.
Is the middle seat in the third row a comfortable place to be for many hours of driving, if the second row has captain seats?

Originally Posted by intheburbs
Still going to be a little cramped, but less so than most other vehicles short of a fullsized conversion van.

If the Suburban has the middle row captain's chairs, the 3rd row passenger can sit in the middle of the bench and stretch their legs between the two captain's chairs.

I'm 6' 2", and there's not a lot of room behind me for the second row passenger when I'm driving. My 5' 2" wife usually sits behind me on long trips. And the front passenger gets surprisingly little legroom. But again, I can't think of a vehicle that would give you more room than a Suburban. Fullsized 12- or 15-passenger van is the only thing I'm aware of that would be better.
Old September 1st, 2016, 9:35 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by afsaft
Thanks,

I was afraid of that.
Is the middle seat in the third row a comfortable place to be for many hours of driving, if the second row has captain seats?
That's not the worst seat in the house. You'll probably get a complaint from the second row passenger behind the driver, or the front passenger, before the third row passenger complains. My 6' 1" 190-lb son seemed quite content sitting in the middle of the third row last time we drove to Florida.
Old September 2nd, 2016, 4:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just fold the second row down, stretch their legs out and lounge for the trip.