Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

95 K2500 2 shops no answers or fixes (videos)

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2017, 2:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 K2500 2 shops no answers or fixes (videos)

Hello all,

I'm getting pretty desperate for answers. I cant afford to keep taking it for diag with no luck

I have my 95 suburban still having issues. I have taken the vehicle to 2 local shops both told me that cant tell me whats wrong with it. I contacted another telling me they don't have proper tools.
One was Midas and another was a family owned one that has been around for awhile.

It started out few months back noticed going up hills was bad it had a slight loss of power on level ground but not bad. Slowly got worse was limited to 20-25mph going up hills around town.

It is now making a tapping noise that has good rhythm on passenger side. Idling is steady at 1K but shakes pretty bad and sounds weak or hollow. Doesn't sound like the beefy v8 anymore. It has 103k miles

The weirdest part to me is when you start accelerating it pops really loud once or twice from engine bay not like a backfire. it pops and feels like it skips as if something got stuck and broke free is how I can explain it.

I have a couple videos. I don't know where to start looking. But I noticed one injector looks like its dumping a lot and one is dumping very little. and when you rev it both seem to do little but that could be normal?

Fuel Injector Video:

Tapping Video: