Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

96 TAHOE OEM CD PLAYER???

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2007, 4:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 TAHOE OEM CD PLAYER???

I've got a 96 Tahoe with the OEM AM/FM/CASS player up top.
Below that is the Heater/AC controls and below that, is the stand alone CD player.
My Son is going to put in an aftermarket AM/FM/CD player in that spot.
As for the stand alone CD player, I would like to know if there's a "Pocket" that will fit in place of the player with no modification?
Also I'm toying with putting of having my son install an "Old School" Slider EQ in that spot.
Any one have ideas/inputs???

Before everyone starts bagging on Brands vs stock systems etc. my sons an lead installer for Circuit City and has done about 40 Tahoe sound system's to date.
He's going to install a Pioneer 4100IB Deck,and a separate amp to run the 4 speakers in the Front/Rear doors and disconnecting the very back 2 speakers in the Cargo area.
He's going to mount concealed tweeters in the door panels and install a sub woofer, custom mad under the back seat.
[/align]
Old February 22nd, 2007, 11:03 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 96 TAHOE OEM CD PLAYER???

GM makes a stock pocket to fill the hole, it was installed on vehicles that that were not equipped with the remote CD or Cassette (they had em both ways) player.
The pocket is plastic and felt lined, should be inexpensive and available at the GM dealer parts counter.