Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

98 chevy tahoe keep on stopping on the road

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2006, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 chevy tahoe keep on stopping on the road

I bought a 98 chevy tahoe and about a month or 2 later I started having this problem. When im driving, it will slow down and then stop and then I will have to turn off the car and then start it back and sometimes it will start moving again and sometimes it wont unless I wait for about couple of mins.

Also, if I reach to a red light and stop the car, when the light change back to green, then damn car wont move and everyone will start blowing their horn on me. I will have to turn the car off again on the light and then start the car back up and sometimes by that time the light will change back to red so I will just get stuck on that light in the middle of the road ah.

Now, everytime this happen, a check gages and the battery icon will show up on the dashboard.

The car is now parked at my place because i'm not going to risk driving it and I am trying to save myself from embarassment and such on the road and also me going late to work.

Can someone tell me what the problem might be?

I need to get this fixed quickly instead of it being parked while im paying insurance on it which is not cool.

Your help will truly be appreciated.
Old August 26th, 2006, 10:46 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 98 chevy tahoe keep on stopping on the road

This was origonaly posted on the silverado forum, but may be relevant. If you crack a line at the caliper and you have fluid come out you should be fine if you don't you may have a stuck master cylinder. However if you shut it off and it move again it sound more electrical, like abs or something.
If you have to bleed the brakes I would call a dealership and a brake shop in your area how to do it as the books say you have to have a special tool to do it with abs. From what I am told you can let it gravity feed for an hour or so. (I haven't done this so I don't know how it works)