Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

99 Tahoe- Cranks, NO Start! HELP

Search this Thread

Old August 24th, 2021, 10:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Tahoe- Cranks, NO Start! HELP

I have a 1999 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 L engine 4 x 4 that will crank but not start.
Ok. So the order of events

1) I had intermittent starting issues. Sent to the shop, diagnosed that I had 2 bad injectors. so i had the injectors replaced. I drove the truck for over a week and had no problems.

2) But I had noticed the check engine light was on when I got it back from the shop. so when I got a chance, I went to find out what the code was and found that it was for a camshaft position sensor (code P0340)

3) i replaced the crankshaft position sensor because I found it was broken during inspection of it, and also went ahead and replaced the spark plugs and wires Because I’ve had tore truck for a year and did not know the last time they had been done and my truck has 243,000 miles!

4) now the Engine wont start! It cranks but won’t start!

5) I sent it to Goodyear to see if they could diagnose the problem and all they could tell me was it passed a spark test and that it had no tack signal!

for the love of god, someone please help me! Idk where to even go from here. Or how to fix it!

This is the printout from GoodYear

Printout of code from Autozone

My Hoe!

Old August 25th, 2021, 7:11 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

I'd start with replacing fuel filter since you didn't post it was replaced, and posted about the plug wires unsure of their miles. You will be possibly looking at fuel pump, with that check fuel pressure, given the miles, and unknown, that's my guess. Good luck. Good looking truck.
Old August 25th, 2021, 7:31 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 154 Posts

Spraying into throttle body and no start takes fuel pump out of the picture.
Take it into the dealer, shops like Goodyear are not the greatest and not much cheaper than a dealer. They know all the common issues on each model as they see them all the time. Cam sensor code could be from a critter chewing a wire not just a bad sensor for example.
That motor has a spider injector setup not individual injectors and it's a complete all 8 injector setup so just changing 2 is not in the picture.
The following users liked this post:
Rednucleus (August 25th, 2021)