Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

99 Tahoe LT heated seats

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2019, 9:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Tahoe LT heated seats

I think I am having issues with my heated seats switch in my Tahoe. I flip it on, but I can tell if the seat is actually getting warm. With it being winter in my locale, you'd think the seat would be warm to the touch but it's not. Broken heating element? My fiance said the passenger side works when she sits there, but I also tested via touch on a cold morning, but couldn't confirm it was actually working. Am I looking at completely new seats or is this something I could fix myself and save some cash.

I haven't had this truck long and most likely will need some assistance if anyone is willing to provide their knowledge and/or point me in the right direction of an already existing post.
Old January 10th, 2019, 8:45 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 135 Posts

Well, first thing would be to check the fuse and the seat heat switch with a multimeter. Mrs. Cusser's 2005 Yukon has this feature but I rarely drive that and have never tried to use that feature, but she does. Be aware that the fuse diagrams for these are not so straightforward - like the fuse for the OBD2 code circuit is the same as for the cigarette lighter sockets, and called "cigar", and one would not readily know that it also is the same fuse for the OBD2.

My guess is that if the seat heating elements are bad that it will be expensive !!!