Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

ABS /Parking lamp illuminated / location of other grounds

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2019, 2:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post ABS /Parking lamp illuminated / location of other grounds

May belong in a different section but figured that I would start here.

I’ve been troubleshooting ABS and Parking brake lights illuminating on my 2001 suburban 2500 6.0L. The context of the lights illuminating is it occurs more frequently when the vehicle is dry and encounters a bump/ impulse such as small potholes or speed bumps. Interestingly it seems less common when the vehicle is slightly wet such as during/ directly after rain storms. This context of intermittent illumination more frequent during drier periods is what leads to me to suspect connections/junctions/ terminals.

I’ve replaced wheel speed sensors, and cleaned the ground before beneath the driver side with no permanent fix. It’s been about a year since I’ve cleaned the ground which has some evidence of corrosion with respect to the chassis but will do so again this week. Previous attempts at cleaning this location with abrasive to expose fresh metal along with conductive grease showed minimal improvement. I’d like to go after other locations on the chassis where the ground interfaces with the battery, etc.

Are there any recommendations of additional points to focus on ?

If cleaning/improving continuity of these connections does not improve results I am considering pulling the EBCM and checking soldered connections of the board. Does anyone have any schematics or additional details of EBCM? I intend to perform something similar to this YouTube video.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.