Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

AC air flow issue after climate control panel replacement

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2015, 4:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC air flow issue after climate control panel replacement

I have a 2008 suburban that needed a new HVAC auto climate control panel, due to the old one locking up (not taking any commands). After the auto climate control panel swap, I'm having a few issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Issue 1: AC/Heat works for a while, then the air flow slowly starts to decrease and eventually stops flowing out of the vents. I can turn the fan on high and you can it hear it really blowing, but it is not coming out of the vents or floor. I have no idea where it's going (maybe out of the cowl).

Issue 2: When I set the air flow to come out of the top vents, on the front panel with the rear ac engaged, the air flow comes out of the floor in the rear. When I switch the flow direct to the floor on the front panel, the air flow in the rear then comes out of the roof vent. Then, if I use the rear panel to adjust the air flow, it is also reversed - roof setting has the air flow on the floor and floor setting has the air flow on the roof.

Any ideas? Does the new auto climate control panel need to be reflashed at a dealer? This is driving me nuts.
Old December 18th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
Have you tried the re-learn procedure?

The relearn procedure is to pull the HVAC fuse.

Wait 10 seconds reinstall, turn key to ignition on no crank.

Wait 1 minute while system relearns. DO NOT make any adjustments to the system while re-learn is in process or system will not work correctly....

FYI anytime the battery is disconnected this procedure must be done or HVAC system malfunction will occur....
Old December 18th, 2015, 10:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
Welcome to the forum...
Have you tried the re-learn procedure?

The relearn procedure is to pull the HVAC fuse.

Wait 10 seconds reinstall, turn key to ignition on no crank.

Wait 1 minute while system relearns. DO NOT make any adjustments to the system while re-learn is in process or system will not work correctly....

FYI anytime the battery is disconnected this procedure must be done or HVAC system malfunction will occur....
I've tried this multiple times. No luck.