Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

adding XM to '07 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2007, 8:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adding XM to '07 Tahoe

As the proud new owner of an 07 LS Tahoe, I'm happy to be part of this forum now!

Question for you guys:

We purchased this Tahoe used and as an LS, it did not come with the XM tuner installed. The LAN radio is XM capable but I was wondering if anyone installed the factory XM tuner package? I have found part number 17801150 and just wanted to be sure this would work for my 07.

Thanks in advance!
Old July 11th, 2007, 10:21 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: adding XM to '07 Tahoe

I did the same thing for my 07 LT. If you have not already done so, do not buy the unit from the dealer. I found the unit on the Internet at nearly a third less than what the dealer wanted. I also found out the name of a local company that my dealer uses to install stereo and alarm systems. I went to them only saying that I am a customer of the dealership and they took me in right away as well as offered options on mounting the antenna at the same price that they charge the dealership. The dealership marks the price of the unit up as well as charges you much more than is reasonable for the install.
Old July 11th, 2007, 1:24 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

John,
That is the correct part or your Tahoe and it includes a new replacement roof antenna that has the both XM and Onstar elements built in.

They are fairly easy to install yourself if you are handy with a wrench, the included instructions are decent (not great).
Old July 11th, 2007, 1:44 PM
CF Beginner

Awesome!

I'll order the parts today (from PartsZone Online) and let everyone know how the install goes.

Jon
Old July 21st, 2007, 3:49 PM
CF Beginner

Ok, now that I am knee deep into the factory XM install, one thing is holding me back. How do you remove the retainers for the sunshades?!?!?! I have everything else off and even have the bracket for the XM tuner installed without a problem but I don't want to break anything in the process.

Any help is appreciated as my wife will keep on my *** until this is complete (The Tahoe is hers and the parts are all sitting on the dash) [8D]

Thanks!
Old July 21st, 2007, 5:57 PM
CF Addict

If you look very closely at the back side of the sloped part of the retainer (the part of it that faces the glass) you will see there is an access cover that needs to be unsnapped with a small sharp screwdriver tip to gain access to the fastener.
Old July 21st, 2007, 6:17 PM
CF Active Member

Will this same part work on an 07 Avalanche??
Old July 21st, 2007, 6:26 PM
CF Addict

Yep, and also for the Suburban, Silverado and their GMC counterparts as well.
Old July 21st, 2007, 9:56 PM
CF Beginner

Much thanks to everyone here! A few minutes away helped to clear my head and allow me to find the solutions to all of the problems I was facing. The overall in stall is pretty smooth, just took longer then expected.

It's definitely one of those issues of having the right tools.

XM is working perfectly. I recommend this to everyone who has the desire for it and definitely order the parts online to save some cash.

Jon
Old July 22nd, 2007, 6:39 AM
CF Active Member

How long did it take you to install it??

Quick Reply: adding XM to '07 Tahoe