Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Aftermarket exhaust-seeking least aggressive

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket exhaust-seeking least aggressive

I am seeking a muffler or exhaust system to complementmycold air intake on '07 LTZ 5.3.An increase in growl is more than welcome, but I want to keep the noise level down inside as well as out. Most of the audio clips I've heardare a bit too aggressive. Denali ora tadlouder is about right.Many posts on this subject but I'm still scratching my head. Any suggestions appreciated. Magnaflow cat back? Flowmaster 50/SUV, 50/Big Block, 70 Big Block??? Thanks in advance..........
Old January 4th, 2008, 9:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Aftermarket exhaust-seeking least aggressive

Great Question!! I have read everything pertaining to exhaust on this forum & scoured the internet for sound clips. After several days of extensive research....I still had no stinking idea!So I bit the bullet & just ordered the Flowmaster SUV 50 Series (dual). I installed it this past weekend (went on very smoothly), and could not be happier. Hardly any interior noise at all & it does havea nice low rumble. The only thing I did notice is when the Hoe drops down to 4V, the exhausthas a little bit of ajake break sound.But after a few days of driving, I hardly notice it anymore. In my opinion, the looks & sound of the exhaust match the Hoe perfect, notloud outside but it does have that lowcool snottyV8 sound. I hope this helps in your decision.
Old January 5th, 2008, 12:52 AM
CF Beginner

If you just want a slightly louder version of the stock exhaust just remove the cats and put a straight pipe in their place.
Old January 8th, 2008, 2:00 AM
CF Junior Member

GO TO YOUTUBE.COM and search for username oniscus and you will see my video of the flowmaster 50 series, single. nice growl and rumble but not loud inside the car.
Old January 8th, 2008, 9:24 AM
CF Junior Member

You might want to take a look at Gibson exhaust. I put a system on a Tahoe that is not too loud.