Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Another 2015 Tahoe LTZ interior leak

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2015, 10:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another 2015 Tahoe LTZ interior leak

This story is just beginning. First a little background.

After seeing the new 2015 Tahoe at the February 2014 New York Auto show, i had to wait several months just to order a 2015 LTZ in a new color combo that wouldnt be available for ordering until October 2014 and finally accepting delivery in late November 2014.

I had to extend my previous vehicles expiring lease 3 times in order to accomodate the delivery time and thankfully it delivered just as my last lease extension ran out. I picked it up and was happy to take it home. I even filled out that follow up customer satisfaction survey from Chevy and commented how "SATISFIED" i was based on my experience. Should have waited on that a little bit though.

But just a little after 5 weeks and less than a thousand miles we found water would leak and drip into the Tahoe's interior from the joint of the molding and headliner on the front window pillar of the drivers side as we rode. A fair amount of drips pour out and leave a nice wet spot on you pants while driving. Plus since i paid $67K to get that beautiful mocha/mahogany premium leather interior combo, the water would drip on that just to make it all the better.

Im about to take it back to the dealer for the first time who was surprised and had never heard of this happening. Apparently they nor Chevy have seen this forum. At least not admit there is a precedent. I had no problem finding others with similar complaints, but ill give Chevy an opportunity to make thing right before taking this to the next level.

I will keep you informed of my journey through the Chevy service experience and hope this doesnt turn into one big annoying regret and turn into something bigger.

Thank you, stay tuned.
Old March 18th, 2021, 1:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey did you ever find out the cause of the problem? I'm having the same problem with my tahoe ltz 2015..... had the sunroof seal replaced and the antenna, nope not the problem.....I saw that my wind seals above the windshield are different....the passenger side is perfectly flat but my driver side where it leaks and rains on my jeans is puckered....not flat........
Old January 7th, 2024, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone ever found the cause of this issue? I’m having the same problem
Old January 7th, 2024, 2:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nigel18
Has anyone ever found the cause of this issue? I’m having the same problem
The problem was fixed once I switched from the dealership to another auto repair shop. They had to lower the head liner and inspect- drain tube was disconnected on one side. The tube that connects from the sun roof frame. They had to re-attach the drain tube, clean it out and run a test by adding water to it. All set after that...they reinstalled the head liner visor and gaskets.
The following users liked this post:
mountainmanjoe (January 7th, 2024)