Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Any Problems with the '09 Burbs

Search this Thread

Old June 17th, 2009, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Problems with the '09 Burbs

I just bought a '09 Burb with 5.3L, 2W, 20"W, Tow, G80, Sun, Nav, DVD packages and was wondering if there are nagging problem with the '09's?

My last Burb was a '01 and I had hell with it. ABS Brake Module, Head Gasket twice, piston blow-by causing oil consumption, cheap leather, etc.

I decided to give GM one more shot and got a good deal on it.

What kind of nagging problems or advice are out their for the '09's?

Thanks
Old June 17th, 2009, 1:38 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default tahoe

I have an 09 Tahoe... which is obviously close to a burban...

my only issues thus far have centered around the nav system and onstar...

ohh and a window right rear that would make a clicking on lowering

all issues fixed by the dealer free...

and 2 scratches on it, fixed by pulling trim panels from another 09 on the lot...

(bought with 6 miles on it, I pointed out the scratches day 1)

(I'm a bit of a perfectionist)

do me 1 small favor... setup a destination w/a voice tag in your sat nav, and see if it works, I had a hell of a time, it seems to be working now.

see if you can enter a voice tag for a destination on the move, if you can't, you don't have the newest firmware for it...

the updated mine and it smoothed scrolling, better images, and a nicer voice.

also, the volume of the voice for navigation while driving, the volume should be automatic based on how loud you have the radio, not a seperate hard to set volume.

having to stop to enter an address is a b*tch... HONDA doesn't make you do that... with the FACTORY sat nav...

the ride of it is amazing, the handling is amazing, brakes are awsome for its size (i came from a 14 year old tahoe)

the dash is uber thin plastic... but whatever...

they say not to use armor-all on the inside; but I did, you just have to cover 100% of every surface and it looks great to me! but some people don't like the shine...

i also noticed the front bumper doesn't appear to line up 100% with the fenders unless I give it a 1/2" push in, then they line up, then after 100 miles or so, they 'move' back to the incorrect place...

having bluetooth to my own phone is great (other than ATT sucks)

having the voice commands / sat nav is like having a nice butler in the car.... I get directions, can make calls, when a call comes in, the radio AND a/c quiet... its slick!

I didn't think I would like OnStar; but its growing on me.... the online tools and the 'hello Mr ____' I get from pushing the button is just nice.... really just nice... I wish I thought of it the other day, I saw an accident and should have alerted them since I didn't see any cops on site

the traffic on the satnav is sweet! it gives you a list of accidents / construction / etc... it's scarily accurate... but has no 'your lane is going slow because of rubbernecking'... so an accident on 83N doesn't always mean it alerts you to one on 83S.... stupid people...

I got lifetime XM (not advertised) for $400, as I will have the truck 10+ years... pays for itsself in 40 months...
Old June 17th, 2009, 1:39 PM
CF Addict

www.mycarstats.com - not advertising, I just found this site useful...
Old June 22nd, 2009, 8:43 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl

they say not to use armor-all on the inside; but I did, you just have to cover 100% of every surface and it looks great to me! but some people don't like the shine...

Armor-All is mostly water and shouldn't be used on anything that you care about.

I got lifetime XM (not advertised) for $400, as I will have the truck 10+ years... pays for itsself in 40 months...

Who's lifetime? Theirs or yours?
Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:18 PM
CF Addict

Default well

well, I guess it's the life of the hardware... and I own 2,000 shares of SIRI, so let's hope that lives on!

Armor all has worked well for me, what do you use?

still no resolve on my navigation voice issue, but GM is looking into it... got a call from a 20 something guy who sounded scared of me lol

i don't know why, I was polite, i just can't use enterprise, and I won't accept anything less than a Tahoe as a loaner. I didn't buy a car, I need to move people, gear, and trailers... a car can not do that. a loaner for me is Tahoe, Avalanche or Suburban. no exception.

maybe a Ford F-150 or 250

i'll let them know they can loan me a ford.

also the rear window still makes a bad noise when going up or down, so i will have that looked at again when it does go in...

also, now that i upgraded my iphone to the 3.0 software, the caller ID no longer appears on the dash of the truck... it worked 100% with iphone 2.x software... I can't blame GM since it was the upgrade most likely... so I called apple to submit the bug, and will let GM know of the issue as well... because if you don't tell them, it will never get fixed..
Old June 23rd, 2009, 9:13 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Use mostly Meguiars stuff.