Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Any1 know of a good vendor for aftermarket video equipment?

Search this Thread

Old June 12th, 2010, 9:33 AM
dh1
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any1 know of a good vendor for aftermarket video equipment?

My 2002 Suburban had a rather large aftermarket LCD installed in the headliner, that is currently inop.

So I have been shopping around for a replacement LCD/DVD unit that I can install in it's place and can't find a local store that carries them...not even best buy. I have seen several on Amazon/Fleabay, but not confident in the brand names I am seeing....however I don't want to drop 800-1000 on the Sony/Clarion/etc units that I have seen.

I could be mistaken, but last I knew, most all of the LCD glass was made by a few manufacturers, regardless of brand.

Has anyone here installed an aftermarket, roof-mounted LCD/DVD? What brand did you get, where from?

I want one with either an FM modulator, or aux audio outputs so I can wire it into the factory sound system. The current one is connected via an inline FM modulator.

Thanks
DH1
Old June 12th, 2010, 1:19 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Remember you get what you pay for. Have you tried Google?
Old June 13th, 2010, 11:33 AM
dh1
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
Remember you get what you pay for. Have you tried Google?
So, are you saying I won't be happy unless I buy a $2000 overhead entertainment system for my 8 year old truck, from an anonymous online seller?

sorry, I couldn't resist.

I was hoping that one of our fellow board members might have recently went down this path and would have some positive things to say about a retailer, and maybe even a brand/model. Preferably somewhere in the middle where cost, quality, and customer satisfaction all come together. I don't mind paying for quality, but I don't want to pay more than I need for what I want.

I asked google for some references and didn't get anything objective.
Old June 16th, 2010, 2:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My BIL had an Audiovox installed by the dealer when he bought his Tahoe. They have been happy with it so far.

You may want to call a couple of local dealers/car audio installers and see what they are installing. Most of the dealers around here will install an aftermarket system at purchase if you want it.