Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Battery

Search this Thread

Old July 20th, 2009, 2:19 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Battery

The battery in my 09 LTZ must be crap...

used the headlights for about 45 min a few weeks ago to setup the tent at a camp site in the dark... would not start... fine...

started OK the next morning.

now, today; getting in to go to work... battery can't start it.

I parked the tahoe Friday at 5PM and didn't drive it for 48 some hours...

I did start it to move from the garage to the driveway to wash it, and I listened to the radio approx 1 hour, then started it again, parked it in the garage, locked the doors.

I used the power trunk a few times (3-4)...

Monday; everything is loaded in truck (i work full time and run my own business, so I need this to work 24/7)...

CLICK... CLICK... UHHHHGGGGG.... SON OF A B____..

Choices time... Call GM roadside a ****ness and wait 2 hours for help; looking like an idiot for a dead battery... or 2 uncover my jeep, drive it over to the garage and jump it.. (or take the jeep to work)...

well... I can't get in the trunk of the tahoe since the *** end won't open without juice... I call roadside assist only to give up about 5 min and 20 questions in... I called because I wanted a PERSON who could help me. Not a freaking quiz... I don't need this $hit with a $60k SUV.

So, I jump it off the jeep and call the dealer.

It goes in Wednesday for the 100 billionth time.

I'm going to ask for a print out with the number of times its been in the shop... It's most likely almost 10 by now...

Advance Auto and the Optima web site don't have an optima yellow top listed for the 09 Tahoe... what size can / should / do I need?

I had a red top in my 1995 Tahoe and LOVED it... I could leave the headlights on 8 hours... start it up... never phased it... ran a huge sterio no problem...

(my 09 is all factory, no subs, no neons, no lights...)

Next time... Toyota... I should have looked at the Tundra more... about the 12th time I take this to the dealer to fix something is about the time I call my lawyer... This is just wrong...

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; July 20th, 2009 at 2:21 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 5:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch.... Chevy shouild give you a brand new battery!!!
My wife has a Acura and they replaced hers since car was in Warr. No Charge.
Off topic but vent.
I flew to Austin from FL to pick my 2009 LTZ 6.2L. Drove home right from the dealer. 20 hrs. Went out the next morning started the truck and had a code. Hmmm. Tried to link with my software(HP tuners) Does not cover to 2009. So I upplugged the battery....reset the ecm and about 1/2 hour later engine light. Bring to dealer. They said there is a recall somtihng like fuel module.
R&R module reset codes and siad the recall caused my code. OK. Leave dealer drive back to my work . about 3 miles away and as I am backing in to my parking spot bammm Code. $hit!!! Bring right back to dealer. Hooks up to tech 2 somthing aobut fuel trims out of wack. Need truck over night. To this day I dont know what they did to fix. Reset or reloaded the PCM. But no light. so all good I guess. I hope I have no ther issues!!!
Actually I notice a dime sized drip under the truck. I ahve it on a painted spotless floor. I will be scoping it out this weekend after my first oil change.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 8:10 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default batt

they did put a new battery in mine... this is the 14th time to the dealer since new. NOT exagerating....

let me know how you like yours...
Old July 23rd, 2009, 2:46 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Bowtye8: Check around the steering gear for your drip. I had one there and they said was from original assy and just excess. Well I chuckled but after they cleaned it off, it's never reappeared.