Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

battery disconnect problems

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2012, 9:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery disconnect problems

2005 Tahoe
I disconnected the battery to remove the windshield washer reservoir and after finally getting it all put back together, the vehicle started and ran fine. At least until I drove it. After a short time going down the road the speedometer began to show about 20 mph (?) over what I was doing. After a couple of stops in town and back on the hiway, it began to show WAY over what I was doing. Staying with the flow of traffic which was about 60, I was showing 110 on the speedometer and about 1700 on the tach. At a stop it still showed +/- 55mph speedo & +/-500 on the tach.
The question is do I need to have this vehicle reprogrammed? Or is there something I can do at home to fix this? Everyone that I have mentioned this to says that they have never heard of this. The only oddity that I can think of is the wires for the rear washer pump pulled out of the socket, but I got them put back and the pump works fine when I push the button for the rear washer/wiper control.
Thanks in advance for any help and ideas anyone may have.