Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   BCM/ECM Schematics or Wiring Diagrams (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/bcm-ecm-schematics-wiring-diagrams-46039/)

rnorman4 October 20th, 2011 6:36 AM

BCM/ECM Schematics or Wiring Diagrams

Does anyone know where to get the wiring diagram that would show the BCM with all it's inputs/outputs and connectors? I find most schematics just deal with separate parts of the vehicle with wires labeled as going to or from the BCM/ECM which makes it hard to tie it all together?

Thanks,
Richard

in2pro October 20th, 2011 9:12 AM

I would recommend checking Ebay for Factory Electronic Service Manuals, you can find them for about $40 or less
What year and model are you wanting the info for?

rnorman4 October 21st, 2011 6:18 AM

2007 Chevy Tahoe

I'm looking for the '07 Tahoe LT. I already have the Haynes book but the schematics are not complete...there's no one picture showing the BCM or ECM by it's self with it's assocaited cables and labels...

RN

in2pro October 21st, 2011 8:23 AM

The info I have in my manual doesn't show the full unit pin out in a full graphical, its all broken down by connector C1, C2 ...etc...I suspect this is because documents have to conform to an electronic media format now... its not like the good ole days of folding out neatly folded schematic from a wire bound manual....;)

rnorman4 October 22nd, 2011 10:21 AM

TIS2WEB and BCM core ?

Anybody out there doing tis2web re-programming of the modules in these vehicles? I was reading about it and understand there's some fees for example $100 or so for 3 days access to chevy's tis2web which i assume if you have a tech2 scanner you can us it to upload new programming to the various modules in a truck?

The chev dealer told me they had to replace the BCM and charged me $400 for the new BCM. I asked if I could have the old BCM but they said no because there was a core charge, so and they are sending the old BCM core back to Chevy HQ or otherwise for refurbishment???? Sound right?

kevinkpk October 22nd, 2011 12:07 PM

If you wanted it, you could have paid the core charge.

in2pro October 23rd, 2011 4:31 PM

Originally Posted by rnorman4 (Post 195439)
Anybody out there doing tis2web re-programming of the modules in these vehicles? I was reading about it and understand there's some fees for example $100 or so for 3 days access to chevy's tis2web which i assume if you have a tech2 scanner you can us it to upload new programming to the various modules in a truck?

The chev dealer told me they had to replace the BCM and charged me $400 for the new BCM. I asked if I could have the old BCM but they said no because there was a core charge, so and they are sending the old BCM core back to Chevy HQ or otherwise for refurbishment???? Sound right?

I doubt its for refurbishment, it could be, but I suspect its for 1) failure analysis ECM's and BCM's are expected to last longer then 4-5 years, the vendor may request the parts be returned for FA. 2) metals recovery/recycling

Lil Lonnie September 10th, 2022 9:31 AM

L59 5.3 vortex gin 3 drive by cabel .swap to Tahoe 03 bout I had drive by wire

I'm having no power problems but I'm stuck at the BCM because the Tahoe has five pigtail connectors the one that comes with my LS only has two should I swap the pigtails or should I get another BCM program to my ECM.