Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

BCM/ECM Schematics or Wiring Diagrams

Old October 20th, 2011, 6:36 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BCM/ECM Schematics or Wiring Diagrams

Does anyone know where to get the wiring diagram that would show the BCM with all it's inputs/outputs and connectors? I find most schematics just deal with separate parts of the vehicle with wires labeled as going to or from the BCM/ECM which makes it hard to tie it all together?

Thanks,
Richard
Old October 20th, 2011, 9:12 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I would recommend checking Ebay for Factory Electronic Service Manuals, you can find them for about $40 or less
What year and model are you wanting the info for?
Old October 21st, 2011, 6:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Default 2007 Chevy Tahoe

I'm looking for the '07 Tahoe LT. I already have the Haynes book but the schematics are not complete...there's no one picture showing the BCM or ECM by it's self with it's assocaited cables and labels...

RN
Old October 21st, 2011, 8:23 AM
Administrator

The info I have in my manual doesn't show the full unit pin out in a full graphical, its all broken down by connector C1, C2 ...etc...I suspect this is because documents have to conform to an electronic media format now... its not like the good ole days of folding out neatly folded schematic from a wire bound manual....
Old October 22nd, 2011, 10:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Default TIS2WEB and BCM core ?

Anybody out there doing tis2web re-programming of the modules in these vehicles? I was reading about it and understand there's some fees for example $100 or so for 3 days access to chevy's tis2web which i assume if you have a tech2 scanner you can us it to upload new programming to the various modules in a truck?

The chev dealer told me they had to replace the BCM and charged me $400 for the new BCM. I asked if I could have the old BCM but they said no because there was a core charge, so and they are sending the old BCM core back to Chevy HQ or otherwise for refurbishment???? Sound right?
Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

If you wanted it, you could have paid the core charge.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 4:31 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by rnorman4
Anybody out there doing tis2web re-programming of the modules in these vehicles? I was reading about it and understand there's some fees for example $100 or so for 3 days access to chevy's tis2web which i assume if you have a tech2 scanner you can us it to upload new programming to the various modules in a truck?

The chev dealer told me they had to replace the BCM and charged me $400 for the new BCM. I asked if I could have the old BCM but they said no because there was a core charge, so and they are sending the old BCM core back to Chevy HQ or otherwise for refurbishment???? Sound right?
I doubt its for refurbishment, it could be, but I suspect its for 1) failure analysis ECM's and BCM's are expected to last longer then 4-5 years, the vendor may request the parts be returned for FA. 2) metals recovery/recycling
Old September 10th, 2022, 9:31 AM
CF Beginner

Default L59 5.3 vortex gin 3 drive by cabel .swap to Tahoe 03 bout I had drive by wire

I'm having no power problems but I'm stuck at the BCM because the Tahoe has five pigtail connectors the one that comes with my LS only has two should I swap the pigtails or should I get another BCM program to my ECM.

Last edited by Lil Lonnie; September 10th, 2022 at 10:30 AM.