Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

BCM suspect in left tail/turn signal/backup park light problem for 08 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2017, 5:56 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question BCM suspect in left tail/turn signal/backup park light problem for 08 Suburban

I have been searching for a short in the wiring that routes to the left rear tail lights on my Suburban. Wiring schematics show that the circuit has a direct link to the under hood fuse box and a fuse. The fuse for the circuits are good. But, because my hazard flashers don't work I am thinking that the BCM is the rascal causing my problem of no lights on the left side except an upper brake light. Either that or the headlight switch. I have yet to pull panels to get to the BCM. The headlight switch is easy to replace. I have been pulled over by the police twice in the past three days due to the problem. And, yup, the first thing I did was check all the bulbs, the weather pack connector that hooks them to the circuit, and removed the frame grounds and cleaned the connections. So, if anyone in this forum has had similar or the same problem and repairing connections at the BCM or replacing it took care of the lighting problem, please let me know. In the mean time, I will be digging in to check the BCM connections. I am not able to find a junction for the tail lights that were a part of earlier model Suburbans and Chevy Trucks.