Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Been thinking about buying a Tahoe, but...

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2007, 2:34 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Been thinking about buying a Tahoe, but...

I too bought an LTZ with everything but Nav/DVD. My wife and I have loved everything about it and have had no major problems since purchasing in late December. Also, if your winters are as snow packed as the winter we just had in Colorado, then you will be quite impressed with the handling and ride through the slick and thick snow. At times the Tahoe was one of the few vehicles that were out on the road during this winter. The traction control and 4x4 combination nearly made this a better winter vehicle thanthe Jeep Rubicon I had.
Old March 26th, 2007, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies folks!

I guess I could narrow it down a bit:

* Was there anything that was better than you expected?

* Was there anything that didn't really meet your expectations?

...and does anyone know what's in store for the 2008 model? I've heard a six-speed AT, but that's all I've heard.
Old March 26th, 2007, 11:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Smith,
A few things you mentioned before but are certainly worth repeating. One thing I love more than I had expected is the black dial radio. Had Sat in my previous Audi and switching between FM/AM/Sat stations was a pain in the ****. Flipping between AM, FM, and XM now is so easy. Also, the remote start is great for cold weather (haven't experienced the summer heat yet when the A/C comes on, but I'm sure it will be great in the hot CA summer!) because after only a few minutes the engine and cab are warm. And as far as I know, the Tahoe gets better gas mileage than most of the other SUVs I looked at during my search 6 months back (I'm averaging almost 16 mpg and it's not premium, which you would need with a BMW, Range Rover, or other luxury brand).
BTW, I have the same issues as you regarding the BT and HIDs, both items previously afforded to me by the Audi, but I'm starting to get over it. Might add the Escalade HIDs but can't do much about the BT. One big disappointment for me was the Bose stereo. Powerful engine, beautiful interior, smooth stylings, but a lackluster stereo nonetheless. Not a huge issue with most other systems but the stupid Bose system requires you to revamp everything if you want to change anything out. Alas, nearly impossible to buy a car these days without Bose. Good luck with your search.